• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0x00000000000 error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djscrew

Having a slight problem with pushing this system to it's max. I am getting a blue screen that doesn't seem to have any solution. It doesn't show up in blue screen view, but I do see it in my windows event viewer. It's the same every time, and apparently its been doing it for quite a while, even before my current OC... I googled the keyword and got some lame MS technet article about video card drivers, but this will happen during a prime 95 blend pass with the video card clocked down to idle. The real bummer is that the bugchecks are all returning 0x0 Any suggestions?

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-03-31T20:34:26.740010900Z

EventRecordID 103909

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Beast

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Have you checked C:\Windows\minidump to see if there are any dump files?

Try starting driver verifier and see if you can reproduce the BSOD, driver verifier will create a dump file if it BSODs, and that can tell you the driver is crashing. To do this, type "verifier" into the start menu search bar. After it comes up, start it under "custom settings" making sure it is set to all drivers.

That should at least get you a dump file to work with.

If it is random system files causing the BSODs, it is likely hardware related. You should let driver verifier run for 2-3 days or so to let it do its thing. It runs in the background on bootup, so you won't know it's there, but it is working.

Let us know what happens.

wow, how did I not know this existed? i will get back with results

so, this was fun, with driver verifier enabled it would blue screen right after loading to the windows screen... booted twice, then safe mode, then disabled driver verifier and it booted fine

I don't see why the CPU would be the problem, this chip is running levels that should be perfectly acceptable.

That is the point. Driver verifier tries to force a BSOD right when Windows loads. It will create a dump file. Look in the minidump folder and use blue screen viewer or windows debugging kit to see which driver crashed, then you can have an idea of where to start troubleshooting.

The fact that driver verifier was able to reproduce the BSOD so quickly right on loading Winders leads me to believe that you have some software/driver that is conflicting and causing the crash. No way to be sure until you show us a dump file.

You can also check c:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP, one of those two locations will give you the dump file. The debugger will tell you which driver caused the crash.

Driver beast is the clue. the fact that your stop error is not anything windows produces is a key :)

TBH i suspect admins should search your post for cookie stuffing.

If you are legit. I apologize but your claims are unusual. By unusual I mean nonexistent.

0x08. means 0x00000008. there are no extra zeros involved. its always an octet. Your stop error does not exist.

Double octet? never seen one before..interesting if true

Driver beast is the clue. the fact that your stop error is not anything windows produces is a key :)

If you are legit. I apologize but your claims are unusual. By unusual I mean nonexistent.

0x08. means 0x00000008. there are no extra zeros involved. its always an octet. Your stop error does not exist.

what??? Beast is the name of the machine, are you reading the log correctly? Cookie stuffing?? what am I trying to leach WoW accounts off Overclockers.com or something? :popcorn: .......... lets snap back to reality here. I already gave my 250k gold away to a friend 6 months ago but still pay for the account even though I will never play again. On the bright side I get d3 for free in exchange for my mistake.

Anyways, the error in the subject is just what I typed out because there are no bugcheck codes to trace the problem with... it is a real problem I am having that is confusing the crap out of me. It won't show in in BSV, and the error report as you can see was copied and pasted verbatim out of my event viewer. The guy who told me to try verifier advised it would "run in the background without me knowing" but instead it bluescreened after boot, maybe that is what happens when something is wrong but I was not expecting it.

Regardless more bad news is that minidump is empty... and BSV is as well.:drool:

cool story, i figured out why my mini dumps werent saving - my page file is turned off ^_^

gg... now to turn on page file and reenable verifier.

The guy who told me to try verifier advised it would "run in the background without me knowing" but instead it bluescreened after boot, maybe that is what happens when something is wrong but I was not expecting it.

Regardless more bad news is that minidump is empty... and BSV is as well.:drool:

1) I told you twice now that the purpose of driver verifier is to REPRODUCE THE BSOD, and that it will do it while Windows loads. So, I'm not really sure why you are still surprised about this.
2) Attach the actual dump files that occur during the BSOD and we can open them to see which drivers are crashing.

I also gave you two places to look for .dmp files, are they both empty? Make sure driver verifier is enabled after you turn on your page file so that we can reproduce the error again.

It would also be worth turning your overclocks off after reproducing a couple BSODs w/ verifier running to see if that helps the issue.

Last edited:

Not sure why you are trolling around looking for people that try to hack WoW accounts, but this error code is an actual BSOD/bugcheck that Windows produces.

1) I told you twice now that the purpose of driver verifier is to REPRODUCE THE BSOD, and that it will do it while Windows loads. So, I'm not really sure why you are still surprised about this.
2) Attach the actual dump files that occur during the BSOD and we can open them to see which drivers are crashing.

I also gave you two places to look for .dmp files, are they both empty? Make sure driver verifier is enabled after you turn on your page file so that we can reproduce the error again.

It would also be worth turning your overclocks off after reproducing a couple BSODs w/ verifier running to see if that helps the issue.

Thanks for your assistance, I do appreciate it. I just was not expecting to have to use safe mode to turn it off because it gives me a BSOD every startup. I was just a tad confused is all.

Anyways, using your advise, (and turning on my page file!) I have a blue screen now!

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: PROCEXP113.SYS

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x000000000000028c, 0xfffffa800c979b30,
0xfffff8800af47b7a)

*** PROCEXP113.SYS - Address 0xfffff8800af47b7a base at 0xfffff8800af46000 DateStamp
0x490f6af1

As much as it pains me, I am going to disable process explorer and continue testing.

EDIT: Stable after boot w/o process explorer running. I will continue to run driver verifier.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be grave digging this thread. I have the same issue with no clue what to do and the OP never replied back so i'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What exactly is your issue?

I was being stupid and had my pagefile turned off so the dumps weren't getting saved to my HDD.

I'm having the exact same error as you except when i try to boot into safemode i go into a infinite loop of restarts as soon as it gets to the welcome screen. I also get random BSOD's and it restarts to fast for me to read the error code.

I haven't fixed it yet :S i'm kind of worried to start going into it and i'm not really confident in my self.

Is there something specific you're having trouble with?

Have you enabled driver verifier? Are you able to boot with it running?

I have not used Driver Verifier yet. The reason is if it crashes me on start up like it should i would simply boot into safe mode and disable it but i cant boot into safe mode. So then comes a hole new list of issues.

Are you saying that when you're able to boot, you can only boot into a full operating environment? As in, safe mode never works? That is very strange.

Have you tried removing all non-essential components (video cards, CD drives, extra HDD/SSD, memory) and seeing if anything changes?

Back