• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 no work with win7 64??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

For the life of me I can not figure out the issues here.....

I have gotten my hands on a SB Audigy 2 sound card. (tested in an XP system so card does work).

It will not seem to work in win7 64?

I am trying to upgrade from a SB live 24bit (OK card for music and movies....but zero EAX for games). I removed all the old creative software, put in new card and nothing...(shuldent the "new hardware wizard" thingie start??)
I try to install the drivers and what not... and every time i try i get some message about no creative devises found?

Ive tried the other PCI slot no change.

I look in the device manager control pannel... the computer recognizes that there is a multimedia device there... but no driver....(and wont even let me pick the driver for it to install.....)

any advice..

I do have a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - on its way to me from the egg.. that i will end up using..(I hope). but would still like to figure out what is going on here.
Please feel free to ask me questions.... since i know that i don't always explain the problem well.

There's no driver support for Audigy 2 for Win7. Google daniel_k's drivers, it works the best but is missing some features.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no EAX support in Win7 with any of the Audigy cards. I do however think that Creative Alchemy is supposed to fix that. Both of the rigs in my sig have Audigy 2 SE's, and they are both working in Win7, one of which is in x64. Have you tried using Driver Sweeper in safe mode to get rid of the old driver before installing the card?

There's no driver support for Audigy 2 for Win7. Google daniel_k's drivers, it works the best but is missing some features.
Creatives site has drivers for it on the site....???

To the best of my knowledge, there is no EAX support in Win7 with any of the Audigy cards. I do however think that Creative Alchemy is supposed to fix that. Both of the rigs in my sig have Audigy 2 SE's, and they are both working in Win7, one of which is in x64. Have you tried using Driver Sweeper in safe mode to get rid of the old driver before installing the card?

Ill give Driver sweeper a try...
From what I have understood... the audigy 2 SE's are very differnt from the regular audigy 2.... any for who...

I have an audigy 2 card on my win 7 x64 machine and while I can get it to work, I found the sound is horrible. In some apps the sound would be distorted and in all cases there was this background ticking that I couldn't get rid of. I eventually just disabled and it used my mobo sound.

Ill give Driver sweeper a try...
From what I have understood... the audigy 2 SE's are very differnt from the regular audigy 2.... any for who...

I think you may be right about the 2 SE being different than the vanilla 2, since I found something a while back that compared the SE to the Audigy 4. Do you happen to have onboard sound enabled in BIOS? I seem to remember having to disable it to get my sound card to work on one board I ran in the past. I don't remember which one it was though. Either way, let us know how it goes with Driver Sweeper, and try checking those BIOS settings as well.

Every un used device (including on board audio) has been dsisabled in Bios...checked that eariler
I think you may be right about the 2 SE being different than the vanilla 2, since I found something a while back that compared the SE to the Audigy 4. Do you happen to have onboard sound enabled in BIOS? I seem to remember having to disable it to get my sound card to work on one board I ran in the past. I don't remember which one it was though. Either way, let us know how it goes with Driver Sweeper, and try checking those BIOS settings as well.

:shrug:

I will be honest.. I once tried a program like driver sweeper before.... ended up distroying my file system...
Can i trust this program????

Still no luck.... Guess I am stuck with the cheepo sb live 24 bit

Guess I will just have to wait a week for my xtreme gamer to arive

I will be honest.. I once tried a program like driver sweeper before.... ended up distroying my file system...
Can i trust this program????

I have been using it for quite some time to do clean installs with driver updates and never had any issues. Give it a try, this one should work out just fine for you.

Back