• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for Epox 8K7A owners ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Len

Does anyone have an 8K7A or 8K7A+ which correctly sets the default CPU Vcore to 1.75v? The default voltage for my 1.2 TBird is 1.75v but the 8K7A with 1711 BIOS won't allow it to go any lower than 1.85v. I already asked Epox about this once and they basically said ... 'don't worry about it ... it will run fine at 1.85v'.

They all are over. Mine is at 1.81 default, seems the amd spec. is 1.75-1.85v so epox is within tolerance.

A lot of motherboards have these variances. Some people think the mobo makers do it intentionally to add a touch of stability for those who don't ever mess with speed/voltage settings. I personally don't have a 8K7A, a KT7A-R here. I had it voltmodded a few weeks ago and I use trimmers to set specific voltages now instead of the BIOS settings. It's really the only way to get the exact voltage you want.

SickBoy

Back