• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Quick Connects. Safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arter Vandalay

Registered
I'm just wondering, is their technic of pushing the tube in the hole safe or its better to get barbed fittings...

I think the 1/2ID fittings are safe basicly cause of the clamps :p

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
I prefer the cambel haussfeld 1/2inch ones i got at home depot~ $20 for 2x with barbs (4 total) and ive never had a problem!

I trust my Xeons with them. :) They are very safe. Just be sure to push the tubing into the fitting until it bottoms out.

no no no , and hell no.

i have had 3 of the switech blocks leak on me. they only leak at their quick connection points, if your stress the tubs at all, and they deform from perfect round, they will leak under presure. now i still buy swiftech blocks but i mod them to have 3/8id barbs on them so that i can use hose clamps. i dont see why anyone would risk a 3-5 thousand dollor machine on press fit water connections. but this is just my 2 cents :)

I bet you didnt have the tubing in all the way, I have seen that done before..

i dont know abut if they were in all the way, i cut the hose clean and square, and then pushed in untill they stoped and clicked, adn the tried to muscle them in a little more. and they would hold out of the case, but as soon as i put them in the case and there was any torqe/presure on the hoses, they would leak. so i made a work around and they still cool great and hav yet to leak on my newer system :)

thats weird, they make little inserts for soft tubing, did you have those? I really dotn know how they work but I bet that would hvae fixed it

i did use the insert things, and the output would leak around the edges of where it was plugged in to the block, i dont think that the toobing was leaking, i think that the connector it self leaked. but i fixed it by putting on barbs and sodering them in and now the same block does not leak, and cools like a champ :)

Back