• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12th place in the world

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Just 30 points or so from 11th if you look at madshrimps page and our page on hwbot.

:rock: keep rocking :rock:

Last edited:
Time to put some Volts to the Ath64 X2 5000+ Brisbane I have here....

Time to strip the MUX120 out of the FX box, is what that means.

Mmph. Stock clocks+windows tweak baseline run stomped the gold cup score into the ground. lol.
There's 6 points!

I'm doing some clocking+tweaking to push the line higher up anyway. Need to re-run the 3800+ and get first there too, I think I can if I use the V3MI instead of the A3.
I'm >10% over the gold now. I need more old ath64 chips :D

Nah sold that, using an agility3. Same drive the OS is on.

I need to scare up another decently juicy SSD to put my OS on so I can free the vertex3 maxIOPS up for benching.

The agility 3 is giving good enough storage scores on the 790fx to beat the old pcm05 scores? or it is all tw tweaks?
Is that board giving you all that you need to do well on all benches or did you get something else?

It's doing pretty well. Voltage control is excrement based. 1.55v max on vcore, only gives vCore,vNB,vSB,vRAM. Ram goes in nice juicy 100mv increments, but I'm on D9s so that's ok.

I'll probably take the soldering iron to it for more vcore. I don't think Ath64 chips have a separate VcpuNB.

I'm getting 100-138mb XP startup, 90-99 general and virus. Vertex runs more like 250MB XP startup (on modern stuff at least).

Bext PC05 for this chip is here: Linkylinky.
I forgot to switch disk partitions the last two runs or I think I'd be hitting my goal for air of 14k.

Does partition switching help any when you aren't running cacheing? I have never used it for a single sad.

Choosing which partition I run it on does, I have a v32 partition, a 7-64 partition, and a 60gb blank partition. The blank one is 30-50mb/s faster in all tests, as it is fully blank.

Ahh gotcha. I misunderstood what you were referring to, and I didn't think of running it on a blank partition.

There we go. Leisurely afternoon/evening of air benching netted 22.1 boints on the Ath64 5000+ X2 Brisbane. Got some 2x CPU globals in PC05 amusingly enough. I giggled when I saw that.

Need to install a new OS for the non-PC05 non-UCBench stuff, really. My other installs have all died.

Gamer posted some scores for them, end result is we're a whopping 14.83 boints back from 11th!

14 points back now. Not that far back from top10 either.

Who can grab 14 points before midnight pacific time?

Tell y'all what, it's microContest time.

First person to post 15 new points for the team before midnight pacific time wins a genuine Bobnova Built Pushbutton (or knob!) Rev2 fan controller. If you want the knob flavor it'll be shipped out tomorrow. If you want the button flavor you'll have to wait for the PCB order to show up at my door (due sometime in the next two weeks).
These fan controllers are happy to supply up to 10 amps of 12v, PWM (4pin) speed control only, Molex power, standard 4pin PWM fan plugs for output.

Oh yeah a last point, be aware that I'm going to be competing in my own contest here, and if I win I'm keeping the thing :p

Lol! I hope you win ed! Would save on shipping. Heh

Small gap. Where is convicted? Once he starts dropping points, he could cut the gap on top ten in half. :D

Edit: there he is, ninja posting on me. :sn:

Last edited:
Funny part is I actually do need a new fan controller, I sold my previous unit to Con1 along with the Tt Monstah PSU.

This is the unit, no brain installed at the moment.
fanControllerRev2.jpg

The fan outputs can be moved to the other side of the PCB (actually I'd solder a new one together, I have a couple more PCBs for rev2) if preferred.

I have a gimped 8800gts that I am going to try and get an os setup for to rerun what I have with that card. may be able to contribute a little for the team.

Back