• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Security Warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

I just moved files from 2 smaller drive to a new 2Tb for storage and a lot of the files are .flv and other movie formats. Now it seem i need to ask permission for every file. Is there a way to stop this without messing with every file?

This is what i have tried.
i have taken ownership to all items and sub folders. and have checked for any and all permissions for editing and auditing that i can find, and yet i can't seem to get it so it doesn't ask me for every file.

Also ive tryed to lower my UAC to off and this didn't help.
any help or ideas would be so helpfull
Security Warning.jpg

You should post which OS we are talking about, I am guessing Windows 7?

[Get rid of Open File - Security Warning]:
Start Menu > Run > gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates >
Windows Components > Attachment Manager >
In the right pane, double click on 'Inclusion list for moderate risk file types' > Enabled > Under 'Inclusion list for moderate risk file types' > *.* > OK
Do the same for 'Inclusion list for low risk file types'

[Get rid of Open File - Security Warning for downloaded files]:
Scroll up and set "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments" to Enabled

Then also

Start Menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Security TAB > Custom Level > scroll down under Miscellaneous > Launching Applications and Unsafe Files (not secure) > Enable (not secure) > OK > Yes > OK

Internet Explorer will then display a huge warning screen: Your security setting level puts your computer at risk. To get rid of it: Start > Run… > gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > click on Internet Explorer then in the right pane double click on "Turn Off the Security Settings Check feature" > Enabled > OK

Open File - Security Warning may still appear for files downloaded earlier. Those files need to be stripped of alternate data streams using streams.exe program
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx
from DOS: streams.exe -d -s <directory path>

yes c627627 it is windows 7 and i forgot to mention that. that is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you so much for your detailed help in resolving this issue for me.

Hafa i could do that but as i said i have sever hundred files that i would have to uncheck, one at a time.

Just as a test, if you right click the file, go to Properties, does it have an "Unblock" button in the bottom right side? The error says it came from another computer and it isn't trusted by default.

I wouldn't turn off that feature entirely.

Back