• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleep Timer for PC for Windows 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a way (portable freeware app maybe) that sets up a sleep timer for your PC to go to sleep after 30 / 60 / 90 minutes?

I have dual monitors and sometimes fall asleep to movies, etc. so a sleep timer would be great. (You'd think this would be built into windows by now?)

Cheers :thup:

You can use the built in power option to set sleep after x time.

Alternatively, if you don't want it to happen every time:
Open Notepad and make a batch file with the following

Code:
shutdown.exe -s -t 3600

That'll cause sleep after 3600 seconds.
Just run the batch file to start the timer.

Windows does this naturally if you have your sleep/hibernation on... it just needs to be in an idle state.

Thanks guys!! Any way to put it in "Sleep" mode? All the options i saw were "shutdown"

Also, I don't use hibernate due to having SSD, I disabled it to save 10gb of free space

i used to use PSTools. same kind of functionality as the Shutdown command that ATMINSIDE referenced but has a sleep option.

i scheduled the batch file to run everyday at 2:00 am to put computer into sleep mode.

Thanks guys!! Any way to put it in "Sleep" mode? All the options i saw were "shutdown"

Also, I don't use hibernate due to having SSD, I disabled it to save 10gb of free space

If you want it to do it every time the computer is idle after x time, go to Power Options, Change Plan Settings, and then set a sleep time.

If you want it every now and then, use the batch file I talked about above.

Back