• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Join the "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I already had the TJ08-E from the review a month ago. Then I decided that the MVG was a better deal than the Sniper M3 since there was only a $30 price difference, even though I really liked the green theme of the Sniper M3. I got a 3770K, but I'll probably move my 2700K over to the MVG, since I'll need to use the 3770K for other stuff.

I'll end up with an MVG.

Next case will be mATX, with external (outside radiator). Or maybe, even some kind of bench table. Always wanted one of those...

My system is quite small, it should fit in any mATX case.

Just wondering, which one would you recommend? I'd have to look for the next build. But for now, my 800D is still going strong.

Me and MattNo5ss are both fond of the TJ08-E... several other mATX cases out there though :D

The Silverstone PS07 can do a dual rad in the front (depends on if you need more than one 5.25" bay and a 2.5" bottom mount though) and there's a 120 mm rear spot. I reviewed that case as well and tested the front with a Swiftech MCR220.

The Silverstone PS07 can do a dual rad in the front (depends on if you need more than one 5.25" bay and a 2.5" bottom mount though) and there's a 120 mm rear spot. I reviewed that case as well and tested the front with a Swiftech MCR220.

If I ever change my 800D, it will be after I install a car radiator outdoors, so I need holes.

Oh, you need tubing holes, not mounting holes...

Tubing can fit through the hole beside the PCIe brackets on the back of both the TJ08-E and PS07 :D

Oh, you need tubing holes, not mounting holes...

Tubing can fit through the hole beside the PCIe brackets on the back of both the TJ08-E and PS07 :D

Hmm, didn't consider that.

My next case will be a TJ08-E then

EDIT: No, my next case will be the PS07. They both seem to be exactly the same and I prefer the PS07 faceplate. It looks more workstation-esque and industrial. And, hey, I like that.

EDIT2: Yes, the PS07. Free place to install an 240mm radiator.

Last edited:
Grrr... not the Silverstones... I'd rather have something from Lian Li, plus, it seems that the SLi bridge (EK FC) will fit very tightly, and I may have problem routing tubes, plus, how am I supposed to fit the PSU wires AND the reservoir tubes there?

Even though, I still consider moving everything outside.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like Silverstone, IMHO, those cases are superb. Just that I think it'll be too tight to place the SLi bridge and I'd rather get something with a little bit more of space.

Lian Li Pc-90 :p

Oh, you wanted small cases lol
I like the Lian Li pc-a05, and a04...but I think either the afore mentioned Silverstones or the Fractal Design Arc Mini would do a good job.

Lian Li Pc-90 :p

Oh, you wanted small cases lol
I like the Lian Li pc-a05, and a04...but I think either the afore mentioned Silverstones or the Fractal Design Arc Mini would do a good job.

If I were to buy a case as "small" as the PC-90, I'd rather keep the 800D. I like the A04, but I'm still not sure if the SLi bridges would fit. That's my only concern. Everything else, the radiator, the pump, that can (and eventually, will) go outside.

If I were to buy a case as "small" as the PC-90, I'd rather keep the 800D. I like the A04, but I'm still not sure if the SLi bridges would fit. That's my only concern. Everything else, the radiator, the pump, that can (and eventually, will) go outside.

I just happen to like the smooth aluminum finish on Lian Li's lol

The Fractal Design Arc Mini is a good pick, if you can get one nearby...

I have an mATX Maximus V GENE (review publishing Monday), but that's the only thing small about it. Couldn't fit the water loop in anything small. Guess it half-way counts?

tridentx-bot-comp-photo.jpg

You can fit a 240mm radiator in the A04, and a pump-reservoir combo where the HDD cage lies. But, anyway, your best bet would be putting the watercooling outside. I will probably do something like that, with a car radiator and stuff in the summertime.

Small case attached to a massive truck radiator lol :p
Gotta love overkill and bizarre stuff :D
You got one of those Honda Civic heatercores Txus?
-Recuerdo que estaban de moda en España hace un tiempo...aqui en Argentina cuestan un dineral porque el cobre vale mas que la plata :D, pero siempre quise armar un rig con wc casero-

Small case attached to a massive truck radiator lol :p
Gotta love overkill and bizarre stuff :D
You got one of those Honda Civic heatercores Txus?
-Recuerdo que estaban de moda en España hace un tiempo...aqui en Argentina cuestan un dineral porque el cobre vale mas que la plata :D, pero siempre quise armar un rig con wc casero-

Nah, I still haven't got any car radiator, but eventually will buy one, not sure if from eBay or if from a junk yard. And, I don't know, but it will be massive, I have a little courtyard just next to my computer, where I will install the radiator. I've even built a roof for it!

I've seen some old radiators from cars like the Seat 600 or Simca Rallye, and even from a Renault 4 available from eBay Spain, haven't checked eBay Anuncios (some sort of classifieds) yet.

Back