• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

War Z alpha starts tonight or tomorrow!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The RL stopped me from playing once again :( Some jerk tried to steal my wifes car yesturday... I was able to get only like 30 mins of some DoD in. Seebs you should be fine with that setup.

That sucks man Hope everything is ok.

On another note rough night on war z lol me and tech kept getting rolled by suprise. Down to like 1 shotgun now rofl. But weapons have been pretty plentiful.

Anyway last night I was in the post office late night tech got sniped no other way out of there. I gather all this stuff logged out cause i was about to be rushed hard you could hear tons of foot steps and players were talking on prox chat debating on rushing me or not.

I logged on to anotehr server i walk around the corner. Seen a barricade in the door. I thought something was up about to run back and log out again all the sudden i got rushed one guy in one corner two outside the window lol they had setup a base.

Better luck tonight!

I gather all this stuff logged out cause i was about to be rushed hard

Combat logging? That is heavily frowned upon in DayZ and server admins will ban you for it. I predict the WarZ community will do the same. Enjoy it now before retail. :)

Dang, that sucks Rumble, its that type of game one minute your doing great, the next your back to where you started...

I have been thinking about Normal vs Hardcore mode. Whats the dang diference. If you loose everything on Normal but can revive the character, isn't that the same as creating a new character after dying in Hardcore???

Combat logging? That is heavily frowned upon in DayZ and server admins will ban you for it. I predict the WarZ community will do the same. Enjoy it now before retail. :)

Not much anyone can do lol no private servers. I knew it was bad lol but at that moment i did not give a dam.

No one is 100% honorable lol

Well hardcore your character will get deleted but right now it's pretty pointless. When skill trees and levels come into play and stuff then hardcore will be HARDCORE lol.

Really? That sounds like the sort of community attitude that I would go out of my way to avoid!

If you are fine with combat logging, then you haven't played long enough or you don't quite understand it.

When you actually start getting good and going after people, and everyone has figured out they can escape a fight/deny you kill/deny you their gear by quickly pressing ALT+F4, you'll get it. I don't know what WarZ has planned, but I imagine this will eventually become a problem. Especially if a chunk of WarZ players came from DayZ....meaning they know they can do it.

If you are fine with combat logging, then you haven't played long enough or you don't quite understand it.

When you actually start getting good and going after people, and everyone has figured out they can escape a fight/deny you kill/deny you their gear by quickly pressing ALT+F4, you'll get it. I don't know what WarZ has planned, but I imagine this will eventually become a problem. Especially if a chunk of WarZ players came from DayZ....meaning they know they can do it.

Already a fix in the works for it. They've been discussing it.

It sucks, but I rage/frustration quit ~20% of multiplayer FPS games and I have no interest in playing any title which does not allow for this, even if that ability is likely to be abused.

I think a countdown timer before you actually exit the game would be good enough. It wouldn't prevent everything, but penalize those who literally quit while in someone else's crosshairs.

I think a countdown timer before you actually exit the game would be good enough. It wouldn't prevent everything, but penalize those who literally quit while in someone else's crosshairs.

We already have this 10 seconds but usually takes about 15 total. Been there since day one. Even if u try to fast quit I believe your character stays in the world till it logs out after 10 to 15.

I guess I should correct this little more. They are looking more to stop ghosting, players logging out then into another server moving behind someone then logging back in even then its rare cause it would take you a good 5 to 10 minutes or more to pull this off usually.

Hey how did you get out of the Garbage bin? I jumped in one today 2 hide.... and well i cant get out :O HAHAHAHA

So what's the verdict on this one then? I'm not reading those massive long ranting posts. Is it legit and is it fun?

I'm in the planetside2 beta, but that is a little boring tbh.

Rofl well steve (think it was you that mentioned it) I guess you were right about them censoring stuff lol.

Only thing I said in a thread about the current vote going on about penalizing pk's is that I'm against it and I would probably stop playing if they do this. I'm not a pk really at all sept robbing people mostly but biggest part of the game is not really being able to trust people because there savage lol.

So I was told to never say I'm quitting the game and got a week ban from the forum. ROFL I've been hearing stories lately about them censoring people to death over stuff like this.

Guess i got to feel it first hand not my type of game at all anymore. A game should never be afraid of people saying stuff, they should prove it by making the game stay good instead of just censoring everyone to death. So basicly my comment was I would not play anymore, this game is not WOW+zombies (cause of the people crying wanting this game to be PVE rofl), I said I'd probably go back to my other games full time if they change it. Never said anything nasty basicly exactly that.

Kinda scratching my head on this one head dev does nothing but swear and people even have him screenshotted saving very bad things (about certain types of people) but yet they censor the hell out of any of us that talk about leaving the game over possible decisions.

bannrofl.jpg

The game is fun the way it is now, hope they don't change it. There should be something to distinguish bandits from friendly though. Not just a title on the server list, something like dayz I guess........ but whatever one of these games will be great.

DAYZ FO LYFE! lol this looks pretty sweet, just got my friend playing dayz and i just bought dayz myself, so phewey :(

is it as intense as dayz?

Haven't played Dayz, but its pretty freaking intense. Can't wait to access the rest of the map. Met up with some people (bandits) that have Mumble. The six of us owned for about 3 hours. We had a arsenal, but ended up all dieing in the apartment building in big town. Back to scratch....

One of them said that DayZ is coming out in November, is that true?

It sucks, but I rage/frustration quit ~20% of multiplayer FPS games and I have no interest in playing any title which does not allow for this, even if that ability is likely to be abused.

Really? That sounds like the sort of community attitude that I would go out of my way to avoid!

if you get that angry at the game you probably shouldn't be playing it. hitting alt+f4 just because some one is shooting at you is pretty cowardly considering you put yourself in the position to be shot at.

plus it is probably more frustrating for the people trying to kill you for your gear for you to just battle log... i mean they were probably hunting for a while before they finally found some one to shoot. its part of the game.

p.s. im not even a bandit, i hate bandits they are mean. but i know if i was about to shoot one of them i would be especially ticked if they just quit seeing as they would shoot me in the first place.

Problem with having a bandit "skin" is that it is technically misleading. Not only does it define someone that goes out and murders fresh spawns or whoever they see, it also labels people a bandit that were shot at first, returned fire and killed their enemy.

Not sure if there is really a foolproof way to label individuals either.

Last edited:
Well 31st the rest of the map is supposed to open with beta and max players is supposed to skyrocket to 250. Will see I can see any alpha forum stuff because of my ban rofl.

I do agree if your a person who gets mad playing games easy this is definitely not the type of game for you.

I love this type of stuff cause I used to love old school mmo's with harsh death penalities etc.

Even when I'm at the receiving end of the harsh penalities lol.

Last night I had a guy I think was stalking me for a while. All the sudden he started firing on me clipped me a few times and I started zip zaging back side to side. He was missing but I think he paniced it was night time and there were zombies off to the right of me. He started firing on them lol I think thinking it was other real people. I seen the guy go behind a tree and lay down.

So I went prone and crawled to the side of him about 20 30 feet out through the all the tall grass. He was gone lol he combat logged on me.

Then I went into the small town with the church looted a few items. Started to make my way out and ran into a unarmed guy (least he looke dun armed). I sighted him up and said HALT! He ran like hell and went prone in the weeds, So i tossed a flare at him and told him to get up. He said hes not because I was just going to kill him and i'm a spawning killing bleep lol.

I just told him to back away not planning to kill someone specially a unarmed just making sure I stay safe. I ran off and he just went on and on for like 5 minutes in global about spawn killing and it's stupid blah blah blah. I was about to run back and kill him just to shut him up.

Back