• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duel PCI-E 16x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

I need a motherboard with 2 of these slots to take advantage of the new sli technology from nvidia, I was wondering what were my options? As i believe that they are pretty limited, also any other help you can offer me would be appreciated, Im hoping to use an athlon xp although if there are no motherboards for this chip ill have to fork out the extra cash from an amd 64 chip thnx in advance

Richard

yeah get ready for the a64. Go to newegg. They have one in. But be ready to spend about 250+ on just the board.

Well i dont have any experience with any of the NF4 boards so i cant say. But generally asus makes a damned good product.

but it is still a pyhsical 16x slot to avoid any confusion on that. They will both accept a 16x card.

Yes true in their physical size and dimension :)

When 1 x16 slot is in use - the other is actually a 2x slot :)

so essentially there is no dual 16x PCI slot boards :D

Firey_chasm, Welcome to the forums. As far as the new NF4 SLI boards, I would wait a few weeks until a few more brands are released. Right now the only one readily available is the ASUS, although it seems like it is going to be the one to beat, it is still early. By the end of January there shoud be DFI Lan Party and a few others.

kk, thnx, im not buying the comp immediatly, proberbly a couple of months, but im just gettin a feelin of wats out there as its been a few years since i got my last comp, lol, im rather out of date

If it no ASUS, it crap!

Hmm, I wonder if this lastest board/card combination thing is the architecture they are using in the Xbox 2.

Um, what is the point of having two video cards in the computer? Are you creating content?

Last edited:
what's the point of having 2 video cards in a computer he asks!!!! omg!!!! :rolleyes:

no no just kidding man.

Seriusly the point in having 2 videocards in a computer is... well imagine gaming with 2 video cards. As it stands right now, for the top tier games such as half life 2 or doom3 or even farcry the video card is the bottleneck (the thing that's holding back the system from playing the game at its best). So unless you had a crazy 500 dollar card you wouldn't be able to play the game at its highest quality with all the features. However having 2 videocards working together to raster the image, and your performance in these games increases greatly.

That's the basic idea of it. I mean there are some nitty gritty things.. (like for example 2 videocards not always being better then one good card.. but i won't get into that for you...)

However having 2 videocards working together to raster the image, and your performance in these games increases greatly.

BUT that is only if NVIDIA writes it's drivers to support that game :D

Well, wildcats arent gaming cards for starters.
BTW

Asus is not the end all, be all of matherboards.

A Wildcat would peform less well than ATI/Nvidia?

Wildcats have 2 GPUs on the board.

ASUS makes the best single processor retail boards, and MSI makes the best dual processor retail boards. I'm sure, like with any product, there are obscure professional grade offerings that I know nothing about.

^^ i second hat one

dual mobo - DFI / Tyan
Mobo's - Abit / DFI / Abit

each has their own benefit.

MSI makes hardly the "best" by far......
:D

Back