• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

???'s on ABIT ST6 with Celery 1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaCX12

Registered
OK, well..just a little confusion.

Abit ST6 with Celery 1.2 @ 1.6..the external rate is 133. My FSB rate is currently 3:3:1..which means that my PCI is at 133/3=44.3 right? Isn't that BAD? My computer is very stable is doesn't seem to have any problems. I just started reading some treads about it should be at 4:4:1. When I put it at 4:4:1. I get a message at post saying that suggested CAS latency be "3". Please shed some light on this. Sometimes when I try to go 4:4:1. My computer won't post and I have to pull the CMOS battery out and redo all my settings. Thanks for your input. My components are in my SIG. Thanks once again.

I have the same cpu and mb set up. I can't get win2k to boot at 133 with either divider.

I played with the 4:4:1 divider and had the same problems you noted. Sometimes, after refusing to post, if I turn the power switch off on the back of the computer and then restart it would post. Other times, just like you, reset CMOS.

Question, I couldn't get mine to post with 4:4:1 divider if fsb less than 133. Will yours work with fsb less than 133?

As for the CAS latency, my board seems to suggest the opposite of what's set. When set at 3, it sometimes suggests 2 (even without any changes made to bios). It does the same intermittently when set at 2. I run with 2 and no problems.

NovaCX12 said:
OK, well..just a little confusion.

Abit ST6 with Celery 1.2 @ 1.6..the external rate is 133. My FSB rate is currently 3:3:1..which means that my PCI is at 133/3=44.3 right? Isn't that BAD? My computer is very stable is doesn't seem to have any problems. I just started reading some treads about it should be at 4:4:1. When I put it at 4:4:1. I get a message at post saying that suggested CAS latency be "3". Please shed some light on this. Sometimes when I try to go 4:4:1. My computer won't post and I have to pull the CMOS battery out and redo all my settings. Thanks for your input. My components are in my SIG. Thanks once again.

Seems odd that you can run at 3:3:1. and not @ 4:4:1. I have the same combo and have had no problems with the 4:4:1 settings below or above 133fsb. I can get to 133fsb but it actualy is 132 when set manualy according to CPUZ & sandra. Thats the max stable speed I can get out of my set up, but I also have to run 1.8v and my cpu temps are a factor. I can only get to 129fsb @ 1.75v. Are you using the latest bios, I beleive it is 8a. As far as the Cas latency warning I get it to but I always thought it was because my kingmax pc150 is rated for cl3 but runs stable @ cl2 up to 150fsb.

I have also had the 4:4:1 - 3:3:1 problem

My setup is:
Abit ST6, bios 8a
Celeron 1.2GHz (default Vcore 1.475V)
PC133 RAM

With Vcore in range of 1.475V - 1.675V I can't get any other divider ratios than the 3:3:1 to boot even to bios!

for example 100MHz fsb, 4:4:1 (PCI 25MHz) won't work at all.

with 3:3:1 I used max 111(112)MHz fsb max, because the onboard audio stops to work after this. (somewhere between 37-38MHz PCI)

Then I made a voltage mod and cranked the Vcore to 1.8V
Now the 4:4:1 divider works!
So I'm running at 123MHz fsb now with 4:4:1 and slightly underclokced PCI-bus.

Strange; how can Vcore affect the usability of PCI/FSB ratio???!

Also the FSB indicated in bios is reported about 1MHz higher in Windows programs (WCPUID and Sandra)

Update:

After doing the voltage mod (shorting pins VID1 & VID2) the 4:4:1 -thing works at 100MHz FSB, even when Vcore is set to 1.5V!

So would this be somekind of VID-related BIOS-bug?

For those that use 1.2GHz Celeron + ST6, 100-132MHz FSB with 4:1:1 without problem; is your Celeron a 1.5V type? (because mine is 1.475V and there a both on the market)

Last edited:
Back