• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF3-ti200 1st oc results how do they compare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

I just installed this card a few days ago and started trying to oc it. This is a card I got off of ebay for $67.00 and it is made by Robanton. I know its not a top name card but the price was right so I went for it. So far my best timmings are 230core/470memory. and my compare url is http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3902172
I dont know how it stcks up against most others but its way better than my old gf2 mx-400. Is 6800 a decent score for this card. Also whic is more important to overall performance core speed or Memory speed, when I increase the memory to 480 I get major artifacts but my core is almost maxed out using powerstrip 3.20.

you can compare yours with mine, both system are about the same.

as for overclocking mem and core, all geforce3 will benefit from both. check this out.

Seems that from what I see in the Madionion comparison charts @7k I am doing pretty good for my cpu/system. Cant wait till nvidia releases there new 30.? dets in a week or so.

Anyone else out there useing one of these Robanton gf3-ti200 cards. I would like to compare results. I Know someone is selling a bunch of these to fellow OC forum members in the clasified section.

I have the same Robanton GF3 Ti200. I'm selling them here in the Forums:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101539
My stock 3DMark2001SE score was about 6500 and my highest stable clock was just over 7300. I believe my settings were 210/485. I haven't tweaked it much to see if it would do better so I really don't know what the best settings would be. I'd say anything over 7000 with this card is good. I suppose one might push it a little over 7500 if they wanted to. I don't believe these are known for their overclockability... just a lot of bang for the buck.

I've now modded mine as follows: I cut off the 2 plastic nubs on the bottom that hold the hsf to the board, removed the hsf, lapped the hs, applied AS2 and then re-attached it by putting super-glue in the 2 holes from the back side to hold the plastic rivets to the board. I then balanced about 3 pounds of weight on the hsf over night, then applied a second layer of superglue in the morning. It's still holding fine. Haven't modded the ramsinks yet though. Now my stock score is 6688. Haven't O/C'd it since.

Zaynee said:
that ain't bad, but I think you can do a bit better, here is my compare with a 1.1 Celeron-T @ 1.55, and GF3 Ti200 @ 280/580

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3795503

I used RivaTuner to tweak and overclock..

Well for now my max timmings are 230/470 any higher on the core and I get blsod and if I increase the memory any more I get artifacts. As 1Time said these are not great overclocking cards but they do offer decent bang for the buck. I may try some cooling mods in the future but I think the memory chips on these cards are just average (cant see because of factory ramsinks) and will not go much higher. I am very happy for a $67.00 card it kicks butt.

Back