• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agp voltage!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevy8up

im trying to see what this card can do. I have a spot in the bios to bump up the agp voltage. Can i do this without hurting anything else besides the card. im at 1.5v for the volts and my card is at 470/909 but i cant get the mem up much higher than that. anyway just wanted to know if bumping up the voltage would help me get past those spots. My card at above settings is at 42c.

I'm no Vid Card OC'er, but I don't think you want to change the AGP voltage... I thought most guys mod the voltage to the GPU and MEM on the card itself?

I don't really know though, but anyways, I would expect upping the AGP voltage too far could not only fry your card, but also take the mobo's AGP port with it. ;)

Are you sure, IMOG, that 1.6 volts is dangerous? I have been wondering the same thing for quite some time now, will upping the agp voltage help my overclock?

well it really does not do anything to your vidcard OC I experimented with 2 mobos that let me go all the way up to 1.8v on the AGP and diffrent Vidcards and I tryed all voltages from 1.5 to 1.8 and it did not affect the Vidcards what so ever so dont bother trying it but if you do it it wont fry your system :p

Back