• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Thermalright Shaman Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Thermalright Shaman Review
by MattNo5ss

Shaman-Bottom-Iso-300x225.jpg

We have here a GPU cooler here which has the “world’s first” moniker attached to its resumé, the Thermalright Shaman. The eight heatpipes justify this moniker, and it has at least two more heatpipes than any other GPU air cooling solution out there. Over the past couple of weeks I’ve used my GTX 460 1 GB to test the Shaman against Prolimatech’s MK-13 and eVGA’s “External Exhaust” stock cooler. Today we take a closer look at the the heatsink itself and its performance.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that did better than I expected it to. I thought all those heatpipes would make it relatively restrictive, but even with the quiet ty140 it was able to produce some SERIOUS results. Nice testing and a great product!

I didn't even realize this was up yet since I've been outta town...:rolleyes:

Wow, that did better than I expected it to. I thought all those heatpipes would make it relatively restrictive, but even with the quiet ty140 it was able to produce some SERIOUS results. Nice testing and a great product!

Great review Matt :thup:

The cooler is much better than I expected :cool:

Thanks guys! I was really impressed with the cooler as well. I just didn't think it would be THAT much better.

I've been working on finding my GTX460's max OC with this cooler and the TY-140, and so far I'm up to 950 on the core with 1.150v using eVGA OC Scanner to look for artifacts. Still have to OC the memory, and run more benches to see if it's really stable.

I've been working on finding my GTX460's max OC with this cooler and the TY-140, and so far I'm up to 950 on the core with 1.150v using eVGA OC Scanner to look for artifacts. Still have to OC the memory, and run more benches to see if it's really stable.

oc scanner is furmark based isn't it? or am I thinking of something else? If it's furmark based you probably won't be able to find anything that'll crash it.

I'm not sure if it's FurMark based or not, it looks like it could be. OC Scanner doesn't stress as hard as FurMark, but it does find artifacts. Yeah, I've never had anything crash FurMark, but the display drivers reset if I've gone too high.

Very nice cooler indeed, I would be interested to see how it works on a Radeon too, but if on GTX460 is that good, I have high expectations.

Congrats for the great review.

Back