• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help please..CoD no worky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do I picked up a couple of lite ons about 3 weeks go on a price match at circuit city and got them for $20 ea, I just wnated to get them painted before I installed them

hi i am t-noonans friend, i was helping him try to figure out what the problem was. he came over and he has a 16xliteon that doens't want to play it and i have a 32x cdrw that also doens't like it. before it would install but not run on his computer , but now it doens't even read. plus my CoD cd doens't work on his computer either (same as before) but works fin in my computer. i dont know it is liek a companation of both software and hardware problems.i told him we should take it back but bb probably will make a fuss about it. anything else to try?

The Readme states that if you are getting an error upon loading to please make sure you have the last Nforce drivers. It seems to only affect them. I have a problem with multi player. My single player runs fine but my multiplayer takes forever to start. I am Emailing them today.

Hmmmm... I'd imagine they would be releasing a game patch pretty soon. Especially if there are a lot of people having problems.

When you say nForce drivers... do you mean geforce drivers???

ok about my friends problem, after a clean install of windows we get one step closer. the first thing i install is c0d after win xp boots up, now what happens after that is an opengl probalem so i get latest drivers for vid card and try it again, new error says "sound missing( or somthing )update sound card drivers becasue c0d doens't work right without".similar to that at least. i thne put the mobos driver cd in, i get the lan driver the nforce 2 drivers(chipset) and audio drivers. after a reboot, i get the same damn problem as before. saying "insert correct cdrom, blah blah blah. so i narrowed the problem down to three things.
1. lan drivers
2.audio drivers
3.chipset drivers (nforce 2)
what is your guess that is cuasing the problems?
i will try uninstalling them too but it is night time for me plus i got hommy work to do.

blackhabit said:
ok about my friends problem, after a clean install of windows we get one step closer. the first thing i install is c0d after win xp boots up, now what happens after that is an opengl probalem so i get latest drivers for vid card and try it again, new error says "sound missing( or somthing )update sound card drivers becasue c0d doens't work right without".similar to that at least. i thne put the mobos driver cd in, i get the lan driver the nforce 2 drivers(chipset) and audio drivers. after a reboot, i get the same damn problem as before. saying "insert correct cdrom, blah blah blah. so i narrowed the problem down to three things.
1. lan drivers
2.audio drivers
3.chipset drivers (nforce 2)
what is your guess that is cuasing the problems?
i will try uninstalling them too but it is night time for me plus i got hommy work to do.

Are you running Win XP? If so, are you dl'ing and installing sp1 immediately after you do a clean install of windows? Try doing a clean install again (tedious, I know), and run CoD after every change you make. So for ex, get everything up and running as you had before the "same problem." Then install NIC drivers, restart, run COD. Install Audio drivers, restart, run COD. Install chipset drivers, restart, run COD. It'll take a while, but by doing it this way, you'll be able to isolate exactly what the conflicting piece of software is.

Does your friend have a similar setup to you? (nForce + SoundStorm onboard + SB Live 5.1)

If so:
Have you tried running it without the audio card? If it is the audio card (sounds like it might, I had some problems similar to that when I first build this rig), you can just remove the SB Live card, and try running with your onboard soundstorm. That could work...

Just out of curiosity, are you disabling soundstorm in your bios while you've got the SB Live card running in that rig?

If not:
What type of mb/processor/mem/videocard/os/etc are you working with?

FINALLY she is healed. after reinstalling again( 3rd or 4th time i forget) i installed c0d first then got vid drivers and it said something about audio drivers, s oh btw no sound card using onboard, so i put in mobo cd and install only audio drivers. i reboot then start c0d and to my surprise she works after hours upon hours she finally works. my friend ( t_noonan aka THE NOONANATOR) will be so pleased. now after playing abit i made a restore point. and am going to wait till tommorro or really thursday since it is 2am tuesday night/ wednesday morning, to install the onboard nic drivers and chipset, so that if it gets screwy i can go back in time( why not uninstall them you ask well after doing this already i find that it somehow corrupt xp and prevents it from booting, and forcing yet another reinstally. it sucked. so for now it is fixed but if it is lan drivers i will try a pci nic and if it is chipset then i will see if there are newer ones available.
oh btw setup
gigabyte k7 triton nforce 2 mobo 850 duron(thnaks oc contest)(friend borrowing/folding with it) vid= fx5200 xp pro etc.

eventually got COD working by reformatting hard drive and leaving some of the drivers uninstalled

Back