• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce GTX 770 VS 780 Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EGAJohn

Registered
I was planning on building an extreme gaming rig for the next generation of gaming and I was debating on if I should get the GTX 770 or save up for the 780 Ti. What is the benefits of going from the 770 to the 780 Ti? I was planning on running a I5-4670K or I7-4770K and 8gb RAM and playing the new titles (Battlefield 4, COD: Ghosts, ect.) on max graphics with at least 30-40 FPS average on a triple 1080p monitor setup. Give me some opinions and ideas.

I can't find it atm but i saw a video where it showed the 6 series (including the 770 which is a rebadged 680 apparently?) getting raped by the 780 and titan at really high resolutions because of bandwidth. the difference was way beyond what you would expect based on raw horsepower. it looks like the new cards are designed with high res in mind.

EDIT: Here it is. It was mostly far cry 3 that was literally running twice as fast on a 780 vs a 680. Sorry for exaggerating but I wasn't way off.

Last edited:
Ok so I should look into spending the extra $300? I fell in love with the 780 Ti when I saw it!

The 780 Ti is in a completely different league than a 770. The 770 is simply an overclocked 680, and overpriced as well at this point.

Why not consider going with a standard 780 rather than the Ti? The 780 still beats up the 770 and is a good bit cheaper than a Ti. They are down to ~$500 now. They overclock easily and have huge gains from it, probably can get Ti performance when overclocked.

Unless you rally want a NVidia GPU, I'd strongly advise a 290 ($400), which equals/outperforms the 780, or a 290x ($550), which outperforms the Titan, and is just 10% behind a 780ti.

I'd be looking at a 780 honestly. Lol. You're worried about price but want that extra performance. If you're in the US the 780 prices aren't half bad. If you don't care for noise, look at the r9 290. Non x. For solid price performance ratio.

Ok well I'm definately more of a NVIDIA person than AMD but I'm still debating on if I should put in the extra money. I'm debating on price to performance.

For 3x1080p, either 780, 780Ti, R9 290, or R9 290x. You want the extra vRAM associated with those cards, and they also have the extra horsepower to push the triple screen setup.

Pfff... I play Plant Vs Zombies 2 and it's only available on android/iOS:shrug:

Back