• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Intel i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge) Review

• Thread starter Overclockers.com
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My 2600K is running 4.5 with auto vcore with an arctic freezer pro 7 rev2. Load temps are low mid 70s running SETI. 4.6 on auto bluescreens. Will play with manual adjustments to vcore later.

My 2600K is running 4.5 with auto vcore with an arctic freezer pro 7 rev2. Load temps are low mid 70s running SETI. 4.6 on auto bluescreens. Will play with manual adjustments to vcore later.

What is the load vcore in CPUZ while running SETI @ 4.5GHz?

One thing intel could do now that you have to buy k unlocked cpu's is have no warranty, that would suck:(, like they do with my motocross bike it has no warranty and cost $8199+

there is a bit of a difference in that aspect.

motocross bikes are abused. chips are.... overclocked, but since its unlocked its kind of like they are ok with you doing so, either way its still covered under warranty.

Intel have a short supply of CPU's? That would be a first.

I canceled my order with Amazon and went through Newegg when Amazon said the estimated ship date was Feb 21st.

so pretty much non-K chips are maxed out at a 400mhz overclock?

Sort of. You could get a bit more than 400MHz by changing bclk, but the current thinking is that's not a good idea.

Also the i3's have their multiplier completely locked so they don't even get 400MHz.

Do you have a Gigabyte board? I think CPUZ has a problem reporting correct vcore with their P67 boards.

Yes, it's the p67a ud3. I did not know that about that board. Microcenter had an MSI, but considering my MSI x58 Platinum sli just died on me, I passed it over.

Yes, it's the p67a ud3. I did not know that about that board. Microcenter had an MSI, but considering my MSI x58 Platinum sli just died on me, I passed it over.

The reason CPU-z has a problem with Gigabyte is because they have a new and improved Integration of VRM Components for the new phase design so CPU-z will have to be updated to work with it.

Nice detailed review. Easy to read. And i like that beefed up cooler it looks like it was easy to mount. Unlike the days of push pins ugh. And 5ghz on air that's sweet

And i like that beefed up cooler it looks like it was easy to mount. Unlike the days of push pins ugh.

Just so you know that is an aftermarket intel cooler, not the stock one.

Here is a picture of the stock sandybridge cooler compared to a Noctua NH-D14
_MG_0082.jpg

Hahahahaha, now that is a pic for the ages.

He's quite correct - to reiterate again, that is not the stock cooler. It's an upgraded Intel cooler.

i know it was upgraded (i read the post)

But that notua is epic. Whats up with the low profile crap???? Man my cooler that i got from a conroe looks better then that stock cooler..

i know it was upgraded (i read the post)

But that notua is epic. Whats up with the low profile crap???? Man my cooler that i got from a conroe looks better then that stock cooler..
Mine too! I have one from a dinky little E4400 with a giant copper slug in the middle and it's about three times as high as that one. As TDP goes down in a linear fashion, the included cooling ability appears to reduce exponentially. :p

Mine too! I have one from a dinky little E4400 with a giant copper slug in the middle and it's about three times as high as that one. As TDP goes down in a linear fashion, the included cooling ability appears to reduce exponentially. :p

I'm bet someone good at physics could probably explain why that is. I remeber the heatsink on a Pentium 1 60MHz being even smaller than most chipset heatsinks these days, with no fans or heatpipes etc.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by the size of stock cooler compared to the one that came with my conroe. When I saw the size of the box the 2500k came in I initially thought it didn't even have a cooler in there.

Back