• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 Home Premium upgrade $30 for college students

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wtf is 741 lol.

Not a bad deal if you wernt able to get into the ACM thing.... although i think IEEE has a 32 dollar subscription that lasts till december 30th that gets you into their MSDNAA

Nice, Thanks!

It asks you for your .edu e-mail address, then sends you a confirmation e-mail. You click on it and it lets you choose either 32-bit or 64-bit and lets you pre-order it for $29.99 (to be released on 10/22).

This is the version without the XP mode, which kinda sucks, but it's still a great deal!

Last edited:
what if your college / university does not give you .edu emails.... my junior college doesnt.... yet i am still a college student.

NVM... its as simple as clickin the "My college/university does not provide me with an email address" link on the buy page. Would be as simple as me taking a printscreen of my online transcript... Good job MS!

Hmm, the Terms of Service mention either Home Premium OR Professional. Any idea what that means, I only see the option for Home Premium.

http://windows7.digitalriver.com/DR...ion=ContentTheme&pbPage=Terms&ThemeID=8245600

Also, I have the option to order a disk for $13, with the explanation:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade 64 Bit Disk Kit
Suggested if you do not have a good broadband connection or would like to have a bootable CD available for future installation.

Does this imply the download will not be in .iso form?

Can you upgrade from Vista ultimate from this? I sort of remember them saying it's only from ultimate to ultimate.

Nice, Thanks!

It asks you for your .edu e-mail address, then sends you a confirmation e-mail. You click on it and it lets you choose either 32-bit or 64-bit and lets you pre-order it for $29.99 (to be released on 10/22).

This is the version without the XP mode, which kinda sucks, but it's still a great deal!

Does Professional have the XP mode? and what does XP mode do for you?

w00t 64bit windows 7 disc is on the way to my house!!!

all i had to do was help my GFs sister move into her dorm on saturday haha

So from this website if I sign up can I download now or do I have to wait for release date? I am wanting windows 7 now and I am a valid student with an .edu email.

Sounds like a good deal, but is it only the 64-bit version? And what are the major differences (if someone has a few seconds to explain it to me.) I'm worried about some program incompatibility problems.

Sounds like a good deal, but is it only the 64-bit version? And what are the major differences (if someone has a few seconds to explain it to me.) I'm worried about some program incompatibility problems.

Theres an option which lets you pick either 32 or 64 bit.

The main difference between the two is the amount of RAM you can use, along with some program compatibility, but most make 32-bit and 64-bit versions if they have to.

So if both my systems have 4 GB of RAM and are only used for some gaming and word processing and other things, should I got for the 64 bit or 32 bit?

Does anyone know if there is a teacher discount, at all? Ive searched around for a bit, but haven't found anything. Never any love for us teachers...aside from office. yay.

I work at a local special ed private school. But not private in the sense that the owners make any money. So we pay for a lot, out of pocket. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back