• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First game you ever completed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diddykong

Fond childhood memories. What was the first game you completed? What was the system? And how old were you?

Simon the Sorcerer.
6/7 years old (Mum helped in parts)
Acorn computer

Last edited:
I play a lot of games with my brother (when I was younger and now also)
and I don't remember well but I think warzone 2100 (still play the game too)

Either paper boy (surviving a full week) or pinball arcade, both using a Acorn Electron computer, which was cutting edge in the early 80's (abou7-8yrs old), I was we'll impressed when I got a game that had a loading screen while I waited 15mins for the game to load from a cassette while listening to the beeeee beep beep beeeep screeching away.... Happy days

Wait wait wait? You have to complete games?

I have never completed a game 100%, i have finished story modes, and done as much as i can to find all the crap around the map, but never hit 100%.

First game i intensely tried to complete was Sonic The hedghog 2 on Sega Mega Drive.
My friend and I, could get to the last boss, on the huge airship, but no matter how many lifes we had, we could not figure how to beat him!?! We were 5/6 years old. Kept us busy for hours.

But i think the only games i have completed have been Formula 1 games, but then again they never end, its just a new season when the old one is over.

Oh crap, i just remembered... Out Run was the first i completed, on an old IBM briefcase pc, age 5/6. Miss those old things.

Last edited:
I think I'd also have to claim Super Mario Bros. on NES when I was 9....there may have been C64 games I played all the way through prior to that, but I don't recall specifics.

The first game that came to mind when I saw the question was System Shock around 1994 because defeating SHODAN was so epic :D

The first games I really remember playing were asteroids, missile command and space invaders of course on an Atari console. . Although those games never finished they just kept getting harder. I was probably 13 or 14 very early 80's. BTW I'm still rocking space invaders on my Win7 LG phone.
EDIT: And don't forget Pong, my cousins had the console with the dials as controls. I don't think I was even 10 yet!

Last edited:
The first game i've ever completed would have the be the original Roller Coaster Tycoon, i was probably about 3/4 at the time, on an old Compaq Deskpro 4000. Or maybe it was my mums old desktop which model escapes me...

either super mario bro's or mortal combat, maybe duck hunt. i know wolfenstein 3d was in there some where, dem floppy drives! lol it was on a 700mhz amd k6-3d chip i believe. 8mb onboard graphics lol.

i feel young haha.

Last edited:
LBA2 was the second game I properly completed (first without my mother I guess).

Still is an incredible game.

I'm not sure, but I think that it was Super Dodge Ball for the original NES. I loved that game! I couldn't resist chucking a ball at someone so hard that it actually knocked them around the world.

Back