• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E DO anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I recently got a SL7KC 3.2E D0 chip. I started overclocking. With default Vcore i can reach 235FSB (3.76Ghz) Stable. I tried 237 FSB (~3.8Ghz) but my computer restarted after an hour of prime95. This is done with AIR cooling. SP-94 with 92mm tornado @ 2800 rpm (i cant handle the high sounds @ full speed)

Today arrives my 3.4 D0 stepping i will test tonight and then i will tell you how it´s going

Crunching Prime 95 with my SL7KC right now at 240fsb. Have not bumped the vcore yet!!! :attn: Temps are not going over -3c in MBM5, PMW temps have not gone over 26c. Will run prime for around an hour, then try and bump it up some more. Going on increments of 5mhz fsb jumps until it is not stable.

Got my D0 seems quite good compared to the first prescotts.

D036.jpg
:)

Well performance is the same, but my C needed 1.4V to reach 3.5 this one seems to oc much better. I wonder will be one more stepping for S478 or this is the end for the platform.

Kuroimaho said:
Well performance is the same, but my C needed 1.4V to reach 3.5 this one seems to oc much better. I wonder will be one more stepping for S478 or this is the end for the platform.

I wouldn't attribute the overclockability to the stepping. In fact it seems so far the C0's seem to overclock the best....i.e. docliv's 4ghz on air with a C0. Also I have a couple C0's that will go to 235 on auto everything but won't go past that even with vcore bumps....go figure. A lot of the time it's just luck of the draw.

Ive got my 3.2e DO Prime stable 4hrs torture test no errors at 250mhz fsb with Vcore set to 1.4875v in the bios, under load it is dropping as low as 1.38 and goes back up to around 1.46v at idle. I can boot into windows at 265mhz fsb but not Prime stable at that voltage. Going to let the AS5 settle a bit, might try and see if I can push it some more tonight.

I'm putting my D0 on my prommy right now. I'll have results in about 45 minutes hopefully. I run it at 250fsb 1.55vcore 24/7 for 3-4 weeks on water. Idle 34 Load 41.

Myhre,

Good luck with the super cooling! I am sure you would do it already, but make sure you kick the vcore back to default. I bet you will be able to at least run less vcore plus get a better OC. All in all, I have to say that I am happy with my CPU so far. Although I need to do some home work on what the Prometia can handle. I was seeing temps get in the positive range in MBM5 doing stress tests at 260mhz fsb. My cooler temp display was showing -33c.

Okay just hooked up the prommy, which I still havn't regassed with 404A. And it's running at -7C atm. I'm going to start pushing it now. Vcore is at auto.

My prommie is losing contact with the core. So far I've only been able to get it down to 2C/35F and only up to 265fsb stable. Well that was a disapointment, the most I could get out of it was 4.05ghz.

Last edited:
Myhre ,

I get down to the negative teens/twenties when I am at idle. Are you still using the spring loaded screws on the mounting head for the Prometia? Have you had a problem before not making full contact with the heat spreader? Last question, did you maybe use too much of the seal string? Have you still running your corsair at 1:1 with the timings in your sig?? If so, those are some very impressive sticks of PC3200, but it makes me think that maybe that may be holding you back. If you have not tried yet, you should try a different memory ratio just to rule that out.

I am also considering trying to get mine re-gassed. But figure that even only being in single digit +/- temps under load is better then nothing. Another side benefit of having the prometia is that it seems to be cooling the PCB of the motherboard around the entire area of the CPU and the power regulators/mosfets. This helps on keeping the board temps down as well.

Nah, I havn't ever had that problem before about not making contact. Yes I'm still using the original spring screws. I've only used the prommie twice now since I have had it down in my shop waiting to get some free time to replace the cap tubing and regas it. I set my mem down to 3:2 and 3-4-4-8. I have to take into account that my motherboard is damaged and that is most likely the reason for the processor being held back. I'm not impressed at all with my D0 in any case, so I think I'll just try and sell it and go back with a northwood that I can get down to about -40F once I regass my system, and then try for the big 4.5ghz.

Sorry to hear that Myhre. It was entertaining at least following the adventures of everyone trying to chase down those 3.0's. I have been real happy with my D0 so far. Esepecially consdiering it was a retail newegg chip.

Back