• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone able to have a nice o/c with 2gb ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airness23

Registered
Hello, is anyone able to have a decent overclock with 2gb ram? If so, which mobo/cpu and ram are you using. From past experiences and from what I heard, it is almost impossible to overclock if you have 2 or more GB ram , but that was 1/2 year ago, anyone able to do it successfully now? Thanks.

Im doing ok with 2gb BH-5/CH-5 mixture.

2gb CH-5 was fine too for overclocking, thought there was major graphical artifacts problem in games.

2gb BH-5 sucks with my mother board, was unstable at any moment with the lowest of settings, like 2-3-3-7 at DDR400, which was much less than the modules are rated for :temper: .

Even though I cannot have PAT enabled with 2gb, timings of 2-3-2-6 is still nice at DDR450.

The only way is to try it I guess. Not enough people out there have 2gb loaded in their systems, so finding info on it is limited.

on is7-e pat can set if 4 x ram installed.
but this makes alot stress on the memorybus, so the limit come very fast.

i have 4 x 256mb bh-5/6, but overall the max limit (without pat) is near the same as with 2 x 256mb..no prob here.
an 4 x setup make an higher ramspeed because "more pages are opened.."

Back