• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcome to the 2012 Chimp Challenge (progress reports updated here)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was awesome folding with you guys for the past 11 days. Adak, You did a wonderful job keeping it interesting. Good work and congrats to team 32:attn:
I will switch my machines over to the Horde for the remainder of the month then perhaps back to T32.

I hope everyone found the CC to be fun and rewarding. We didn't let up and it paid off! I'm starting OB and heading to bed in a few.

Congrats to all on winning the Jaded Monkey.:attn:

Adak - special thanks to you for keeping the race interest up, serious recruiting and some good stats. :clap:

my rig departs now back to the [H] but i shall pop in from time to time to say hi:grouphug:

Nathan

Sounds great Nathan_P! Thanks a bunch for helping out and making the CC such a success for us. I just got back in from the rig and switched 1 machine over to the [H]orde already and will switch a couple others over for some days. Hell, I normally don't even run F@H (I'm a BIONC'er) but I feel like it's only the right thing to do to repay you all for pitching in. :thup:

Congrats OCF!!

Just finished mine up, I caught a 5k pointer on my slow GPU with only a few hours to the finish line!...had to finish it though!!

Now I can finish my build.

Dark Bishop, Diggrr, raident30 - it was a pleasure racing with you! :thup:

Yes, I've reached that point in life (quite suddenly), where I've become a lot more jaded. :p

You still folding, or is it now too warm to fold, in Texas?

Last edited:
Yes, I've reached that point in life (quite suddenly), where I've become a lot more jaded. :p

You still folding, or is now too warm to fold, in Texas?

Yeah, folding (24/7) for the "banana cruise". Will fold for the [H]orde till the end of the month, then on to TRP, SETI, Rosetta, and return to team 32. Killed the overclock as the temps outside are already at 96F in the afternoons; inside the A/C is keeping ambients at 74F so the power company is no doubt about to give out executive bonuses.

I underestimated my personal goals for the year. Once I got GPU folding set up the points started adding up quicker than I thought. I'm still recruiting but have yet to get a commitment from the four targets of my efforts. Will keep trying.

I hope to have a really good question(s) for the folding team in the next couple of weeks. Pray that my buddy Jim has a good contact lined up for some used server boards.:cool:

Just got back home from Seattle, I can relax now. Just wanted to say it was an honor to fold in the CC2012 with all you monkeys! :attn: Thanks for the invinte and I will gladly participate next year. :salute:

I already have my main folding for [H], I just reset my router and will get the other 3 borged machines on it too. :comp:

Back