• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase cooling for 45 pounds!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rotaries are the round quiet ones, piston anything is tall (have to have room for the entire stroke of the piston, plus the length of the rod, plus the length of the crank throws), and very noisy in my experience.

Well, I've had one exactly like an AC before, but a bit smaller. Nice big condenser to remove heat, nice slightly smaller evaporator (the cold part - in this case the part to gather moisture from the air) and a standard 1/2 hp rotary compressor. My awesome dehumidifier I am saving for a chiller build cost me $5 at a yard sale. This baby has a quiet but powerful fan, a large piston compressor, like one off a chest freezer, and both the condenser and evaporator have nice large tubing, not that tiny stuff on modern ACs.

So basically, it's an air conditioner in a smaller shell, possibly a lot quieter and possibly cheaper second hand. You might get one that you see little benefit to over just using an AC or you might get lucky like I did.

What about a water chiller with a wc loop, is that any good?

On another subject is the OCZ reaper ddr2 anygood??

I like mine ;)

You all have been very helpfull to the op grats to you all !

OP look around in the water section you will see chillers a plenty ...

Hoki over in the benching section has a loop (water cooling) and when he benches he drops his radiator into a bucket of ice and water. I have also seen (heard of) Dolk [also in the benching section] take his rad off completely and run straight ice water (plus additive obviously) into his loop for benching purposes.

well i have made systems out of all of the above appliaces and all worked out good as long as u get the charge right the compressor will stay cold but like Gomeler said there is alot more to it them just taking apart something and makeing a phase unit out of it as u need lots of tools

Back