• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ to utilize 333mhz FSB? xbit thinks so

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1) Yes, there's a 2600+ 333MHz, the AMD techdocs for the TBreds were just revised, and include them. It's now on the front page.

2) Outside of removing any need to unlock the processor to access multiplier at or below 12.5X, it's the same CPU as the other TBredBs. It might do a liitle better because AMD probably has to bin these processors carefully due to yield at high speeds, but it comes from the same vat as the others.

The Coolest said:
Well, if you do some math you'll see its either 12.5x166 = 2075 or 13x166 = 2158, I having hard time to believe its the later, so that's propably why they list them as 2075... coz they are.

actually with a FSB of 166 and two thirds the speed is closer to 2083 than 2075 with a multiplier of 12.5! :D

OC Detective said:

actually with a FSB of 166 and two thirds the speed is closer to 2083 than 2075 with a multiplier of 12.5! :D

That is correct! I must say, that with these new 166MHz FSB standard, calculating the fsb has gotten a little funny with all the outa sync sounding clock speeds. I mean, up untill now, everything has been either 33, 66, or 00.

Now AMD brings 83 and 50 to the mix.

OC-Master

Back