• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Convetion=Roxor!~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOneDonRamon

Registered
Yup i went to http://www.amdrealitycheck.com/home.html convention tonight.. ****ing rocked!~!~! Go if u can! they give u lil lee7 nametags and they throw out hats and shirts which i got..didnt get any bags tho..i didnt win anything :<..but they gave out over 14000 in prizes :)..over 50 xp cpus..etc..but ya definitly go if it comes to your area.They case about us! It's true :0!l8r

Ya, that thing was awesome. I was lucky and got a brand new processor and a free AMD t-shirt. It doesn't cost anything to get in, but you have to register online and print off your registration page or they won't let you in(were you at the Phoenix one TheOne?). It was out of my home town, so I'm staying at my bro's for the night. When I get back, I'm going to scan in my winner's certificate and everything.

Yea, what processor did you get?

An extra one lying around couldnt hurt, unless its better then what I got

2100+
Not what I was hoping for(*cough* 2400+ *cough*), but still a great chip nontheless, especially since it was free. I'll check the stepping and post it tomorrow, or, later today I mean.

Oh, and if you enter and get drawn for the battle of the boxes(computer building contest), then you get a free processor right of the bat, whether you win or not. So, you could actually get 2 cpu's while you're there(it actually happened to a guy there), plus you get $2500 if you win. The game kiosks they had setup kinda sucked though. They had XP2200+ processors in them(one even had a 2600+), but they were all integrated graphics chips from the original nforce motherboard wich seriously hampered performance and gameplay(JKII, GTA3, and UT2k3 were running on the machines with most running UT2k3). Plus, the mouse cord was extremely short and the game's were extremely hard to control with GTA3 looking more like a slideshow than a 3d game. The rest of the convention was awesome though, especially all the free stuff(you can get a thing of mints and a cd just for going)!

Last edited:
i went to the one in Orlando,FL :).Hitman they said they got alienware to sign on contract with them with the 2800+'s..u hear anything about this?Not to mention emachines,dell,sony,hp were there too!

TheOneDonRamon said:
i went to the one in Orlando,FL :).Hitman they said they got alienware to sign on contract with them with the 2800+'s..u hear anything about this?Not to mention emachines,dell,sony,hp were there too!

wtf dell??? Screw dell...they are amd haters...dont amd hate, participate! Seriously tho, how can you be a "custom computer builder" when you use only one brand for everything?? TUrtle Beach, Intel, etc....what kind of company what do that?....well, dell, appearantly.

Oh well. I'll be sure to intel hate them if I see them. =0

AMD = w00t.

Back