• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me master my Neo2 Platinum!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well thanks for the help fellas..... right now with the 1A bios I am running the 166 divider. keeps my TCCD at 237. If I go to the 183 divider which puts my memory at 260 my system becomes very unstable (I can't finish a run on any of the 3D marks without rebooting).

should I be worried about the flashing red signs in bios that says "warning this option could make your system unstable" and also is it my imagination or does this board seriously undervolt?

I wonder if the sideeffect tccd 1b bios would help any with a tccd/venice combo? guess I'll have to try it out today and report back.

Good luck with it Houserat.
Should it come down to a new board I have to agree with MoPMatrix that you might be better off with the NF4 than another NF3. Another thing to consider is the new ULI basesd ASRock board. I have heard a lot of good things about it and it will take an agp or pci-e video card.

this system is gonna stay agp so that rules out the NF4. what are some really stable timings for TCCD on this board? right now I'm using 2.5-3-3-7-12-18-256.

also, the 1B TCCD bios sucked..... switched over to the 1A TCCD bios which I'm using right now...... I'll report back regarding stability and overclock.

BTW, ignore the flashing red lights. They are just to scare off the unknowing from messing around with the settings. Good luck.

rseven said:
BTW, ignore the flashing red lights. They are just to scare off the unknowing from messing around with the settings. Good luck.
No kidding. 2.8 volts flashes RED for the memory and Crucial says 2.8 is what the Ballistix is designed to run at! :shrug:

Rbreb13 said:
No kidding. 2.8 volts flashes RED for the memory and Crucial says 2.8 is what the Ballistix is designed to run at! :shrug:
My ram is supposed to run on 2.8 as well, but the only way to get it is to set it maually. Also, my board only delivers 2.8 volts when it's set at 2.85. The vcore also undervolts about 0.25 volts. As a result my modest over volting really just brings everything up to stock. Go figure!

HousERaT said:
well thanks for the help fellas..... right now with the 1A bios I am running the 166 divider. keeps my TCCD at 237. If I go to the 183 divider which puts my memory at 260 my system becomes very unstable (I can't finish a run on any of the 3D marks without rebooting).

should I be worried about the flashing red signs in bios that says "warning this option could make your system unstable" and also is it my imagination or does this board seriously undervolt?

I find it hard to believe that your LE's can't do 260MHz on a divider, even with a Venice that should be no problem.

Did you try different voltages on the ram?
I see in ur sig that you run them at 2.7v, try all settings from 2.6v to 2.85v and see if it helps you pass memtest tests 5 and 8.

MoPMatrix said:
I find it hard to believe that your LE's can't do 260MHz on a divider, even with a Venice that should be no problem.

Did you try different voltages on the ram?
I see in ur sig that you run them at 2.7v, try all settings from 2.6v to 2.85v and see if it helps you pass memtest tests 5 and 8.
memtest isn't the problem..... it's windows..... I can pass memtest all day at 260, more like 275-280..... but I can't keep my system stable in windows when I use the 183 divider and ram at 260..... perhaps it's something else besides the memory? I don't know as I'm no authority with this board. I'll go back and try the highest vdimm settings and see if that changes anything.......

i bet if you tried prime it would fail in 5 seconds...looks like your venice has hit a brick wall.i reckon you would get the same clocks with your redlines.if you still havent rmaed your neo2 yet do so.

I think it could be just the board doesn’t like running the ram in slots 3 & 4 (most ppl have better success with slots 1 & 2).

I would RMA that thing, and one of the slots not working could be causing other problems.

Or you had a bad flash and some of the roms from the old BIOS still remain and the 183 divider isn't working properly. Doubt it though.

I'm looking into the rma thing..... newegg doesn't rma MSI stuff so I'll have to do it through the manufacturer. This is turning into a giant headache. :-/

Stick with it as it is worth it. MSI is not bad about that stuff from what I have heard. Hey, they have a lot of practice.:)

rseven said:
Stick with it as it is worth it. MSI is not bad about that stuff from what I have heard. Hey, they have a lot of practice.:)
that's a shame..... no company should have to rma so much they get good at it.;) Since I can't get my money back for this board I have no choice but to stick with it. I have another project going so maybe that will be my piece of good luck.

rseven said:
That's true. Mine won't run for s*** on slots 3 and 4.

Mine actually runs better on 3 and 4. In slots 1 and 2 I couldn't run 225 @ 3 4 4 10. I switched over to 3 and 4, and now I run 227 @ 3 2 2 6.

Edit: Yay!!! 3 stars!

Last edited:
EvilAerosolCan said:
Mine actually runs better on 3 and 4. In slots 1 and 2 I couldn't run 225 @ 3 4 4 10. I switched over to 3 and 4, and now I run 227 @ 3 2 2 6.

Edit: Yay!!! 3 stars!

hmm, I forget if I have ever even tried to run in slots 3 & 4 on my system :p
Makes me wonder what it could do, now I'm guna have to try that when I get home :p

MoPMatrix said:
hmm, I forget if I have ever even tried to run in slots 3 & 4 on my system :p
Makes me wonder what it could do, now I'm guna have to try that when I get home :p
Careful with it MoPMatrix. I suggest you boot into memtest86 because when I tried it I had errors by the hundreds!

My NEO 2 like slots 3/4 as well with my 3700+ but with a 3000+ winnie i borrowed it didnt like 3/4 only 1/2.Also my board wont even post with the Booster and BH5 with the 3000+ but its ok with my 3700+ .Why? Just wont OC worth a dam unless i use divider's. I also found out that my board will only OC a little at a time.I have to bring it it up 2-5mhz at a time or it wont boot right now im at 255x10x4 with 2.5-3-3-7-T1 and 2.85v.And here is something weird I have to set the bios to 1.55v and +10% for it to boot but then the voltages stay at around 1.45v according to cpuz and core center and everest.But it will not boot at the running voltages. Any idea's why?Im also using bios 1.b as im having the best luck with it compared to the other's and the beta bios's forget it

Last edited:
gigabit said:
My NEO 2 like slots 3/4 as well with my 3700+ but with a 3000+ winnie i borrowed it didnt like 3/4 only 1/2.Also my board wont even post with the Booster and BH5 with the 3000+ but its ok with my 3700+ .Why? Just wont OC worth a dam unless i use divider's. I also found out that my board will only OC a little at a time.I have to bring it it up 2-5mhz at a time or it wont boot right now im at 255x10x4 with 2.5-3-3-7-T1 and 2.85v.And here is something weird I have to set the bios to 1.55v and +10% for it to boot but then the voltages stay at around 1.45v according to cpuz and core center and everest.But it will not boot at those voltages any idea why?Im also using bios 1.b as im having the best luck with it compared to the other's and the beta bios's forget it
None of what you say makes any sense in the real world, but in the MSI Zone, all logic is turned on it's head. Frankly, I don't think there is ant explanation other than MSI manufactures boards with a total lack of consistency. Quality control is non-existant. Hence, they vary all over the lot from great to DOA and everything in between. I have little doubt in my mind that they cherry pick the ones for the reviewers.

Back