• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just had one of my quads ***** away 10 days worth of cached Seti wu's while I was at work due to some crappy Crucial Ballistix going bad and I got the machine back up and running correctly with some new ram. But Seti's servers are once again borked or their bandwidth is screwed or something. So anyways, I'm about to load that quad up with some Rosetta work if I can and do a little Rosetta crunching with it. I'm getting so fed up with all the problems Seti has with bandwidth and servers and and such. :rolleyes: The only problem is that the Rosetta server doesn't seem to be cooperating either.:bang head BOINC says communication deferred for around 48 minutes instead of getting some damn work on Rosetta.:bang head

At least I know it's not just me. Every once in a while I'll get a wu, but I'll be requesting like 5. My cache is set for 5.25 days and when I checked on the one rigs that has been running nonstop, I've got about a day and a half. Hopefully somebody gives the server a kick.

When I try to force a manual update, it returns a message saying server error: can't attached shared memory. I have no idea what the hell that means. I do know that I have 40-50 completed Seti wu's trying to upload with no success because of their problems. I wonder if that could be the cause?

Well Mud, I don't seem to be having any problems with Rosetta at the moment. Please keep trying. I can't help but think that your SETI issues are interfering with whatever you are trying to accomplish with Rosetta, since I can't see any problems with the Rosetta servers right now.

I finally got my Q9550 running Rosetta again, this time @ 4.1GHz. We just found out on Wednesday my dad has cancer :( They say it's one of the must curable kinds, but it's still pretty scary. He's already a one time cancer survivor. He's going under the knife tomorrow afternoon for his biopsy.

4100-1.jpg

Well, I just got ****ed off with Seti on that machine and detached it from the project, since it seems their screwed up servers or whatever might be affecting running other BOINC projects too. I didn't lose that many completed work units anyways, since it didn't get much work before their network went totally kaput.

And Seti wonders why they lose people from running their project too. :rolleyes:

EDIT: All the Seti crap that was on there must have been the problem. After i detached from Seti and BOINC cleared out all the Seti crap that was stuck there because they can't keep their damn network running for a weekend I was able to get some Rosetta work on that machine. I presetnly have the P5Q Pro based machine in my sig now doing some Rosetta crunching. :D

And if Seti can't get their act together soon I will move some more power too. I'm getting tired of all the problems that they seem to have with the project.

Last edited:
I finally got my Q9550 running Rosetta again, this time @ 4.1GHz. We just found out on Wednesday my dad has cancer :( They say it's one of the must curable kinds, but it's still pretty scary. He's already a one time cancer survivor. He's going under the knife tomorrow afternoon for his biopsy.

Already a one time cancer survivor? Your dad sounds like one tough hombre. I really hope everything goes well my friend.

And good work on the 9550, that's gonna help us out big time!

Thanks man, last time it was lung cancer that he got from 2nd hand smoke, and ended up having a lung removed as well as his spleen :eek:

Girl :), i am very female :). i feel your pain though... my dad went through something similar in December, but he had bowel cancer. the trick with any illness, is having a positive attitude and outlook, as you probably already know :)

Last edited:
Alright I'm back. Our poor RAC has taken enough of a beating. We'll be back up over 50,000 in no time.

All of you still helping the F@H team, give em hell!

And shivas, I want the #2 spot back. You better kick it up a notch cause I just switched on the afterburners! :)

I am sorry to hear about your Dad ghost

My Dad had Prostate Cancer last year, and also my Uncle that lives in South Africa had Prostate Cancer, as well as a Cancerous growth removed from the rear of the eye socket.
Both are now doing well though, thanks to Modern day Technologies, and research.

This morning I turned on the TV to see a familiar message on my vista box: "rosetta mini 5.98 something has quit unexpectedly". Looks like I have some massaging to do when I get home. My RAC on this qx6700/975x system is not rising as fast as I thought it would after a week of straight crunching.

Last night I had noticed that the rosetta website was showing the measured integer and floating point speeds for this system at exactly 1000 M/ops each. I re-ran the benchmarks through the client and now it is showing a more believable result. Does an inaccurate benchmark rating through BOINC adversely affect crunching results and RAC?

Last edited:
Back