• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was hooked on WoW...what about you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's see, 6 (almost 7 84 and a half...) 85's over a year /played :\ I don't play near as much as I used to but still perhaps too much more than I should I guess. 6 years of a game is hard to quit met a lot of great people made some good friendships I dunno, WoW is... a social activity for me mainly.

J :cool:

Let's see, 6 (almost 7 84 and a half...) 85's over a year /played :\ I don't play near as much as I used to but still perhaps too much more than I should I guess. 6 years of a game is hard to quit met a lot of great people made some good friendships I dunno, WoW is... a social activity for me mainly.

J :cool:

I was that way too, but at the end of the day, paying $15/mo for social interaction seemed impractical. Plus I play other games with friends who I used to play WoW with.

I played WoW for a few months until i realized how much of a loser it made me... i was seriously addicted

I was addicted too

I had 3 level 85s and like 8 or 9 level 80s and 600,000 gold (still on my account!)

every profession maxed and 2 full tabbed guild banks.

I havent logged on for about 2 or 3 months. I dont miss it.

*i have screenshots of the gold cap before it was made much higher (214746g or something like that) and character names and realm if anyone doesn't believe me haha

I had 5 xmute spec'd alchemists a bit after Cataclsym launched. I would just buy hundreds of Volatile Life's, use 3 of them to xmute fire\water\air's, and the other 2 to xmute True Gold. Like 5000g a week from doing nothing pretty much.

I just started playing again after a month off. I don't think I'll ever get addicted to WoW, it just doesn't seem to hold my attention like an addiction would. I've been playing off and on for a year or two now (since whenever 3.3.3 came out). I always find myself playing for a month or two or three pretty regularly but then I just suddenly lose all interest and don't play for months. This is how its been whether I've been involved in hardcore raiding or if I've been focusing on the arena season. I guess I'll consider myself lucky.

I just started playing again after a month off. I don't think I'll ever get addicted to WoW, it just doesn't seem to hold my attention like an addiction would. I've been playing off and on for a year or two now (since whenever 3.3.3 came out). I always find myself playing for a month or two or three pretty regularly but then I just suddenly lose all interest and don't play for months. This is how its been whether I've been involved in hardcore raiding or if I've been focusing on the arena season. I guess I'll consider myself lucky.

Da Nile isn't only a river in Egypt :p

I never played WoW for the same reason I never tried drugs... I didn't want to get hooked on it :p

He means denial, in that you are in denial of being addicted. I don't think you are because I was the same way. I'd play til I got bored then stop. If something interesting came along I'd play again. I never had to get my 'fix' of WoW.

He means denial, in that you are in denial of being addicted. I don't think you are because I was the same way. I'd play til I got bored then stop. If something interesting came along I'd play again. I never had to get my 'fix' of WoW.

Ah ok. I just went back and read what he said :facepalm:

I guess you can say I'm in denial and I'll never be able to prove you wrong (because that would be denial). But yeah, I'm like you; I play till I'm no longer entertain, or until something better comes along, and then play again when/if I feel like it.

i play wow a lot, but by no means am I "hardcore".. I do like above.. play when it suits me and then stop completly.

Only good thing is that my account is free thanks to a friend that worked for blizzard (he refused to play it so he gave it to me :p) cant complain about that one bit..

I quit WoW about two months ago, and I've been thinking about reactivating my subscription...I just find something else to occupy my time.

Its not worth it. Buy $15 worth of books. Buy a beach blanket and make a beach if you can't physically be near one. All you thinking about when in WoW is getting out. Once your out all you can think about is getting back in. Can your Descartes circular logic!!!

:D

In this game, you don't pay acquire it, you pay to be allowed of using the game.

I tried WoW (trial & private) like when they hadn't 3 expansions. I found the game horribly annoying and boring. You waste 90% of you time walking or waiting after someone... Then I realized it was way more entertaining to read, do sport or going out with friends than wasting your time for little fun.

I honestly didn't like WoW. I played it for like 2 hours one day and decided to uninstall. I probably did not give it enough of a chance, and after reading everyone's comments on how addicting it is, I am glad I didn't.

I was addicted to the game for a long time. I would give anything to have never played the game. Being very successful now I can only imagine what my life would be like if I never had started playing.

If I had to give advice to people starting to play excessively or who are seriously addicted now I would take a one week break from the game and do all the things you wanted to do while sitting idle in front of the pull spot for hours or stuck in hour long arena queues because of miscellaneous bull****. If you are still having addiction problems after taking a week off then I would uninstall the game and seek therapy or other virtual social outlets that require LESS OF A TIME COMMITMENT.

Last edited:
Back