• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED 23 inch LG IPS LCD monitor $130 - Sale Expired, now $150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What happenes.to the base? Does it fall over I dont have a cat or anything of the such will I be okay or should I just clamp it to my desk?

With no cat you'll be fine like Pinky said.

Here's the reason I elected to cat proof my monitor;

First pic is little Mischa, the 4-5 week old maine coon kitty that showed up in my oak tree crying...

:shrug: Pic two is Mischa a few months later.....

Attachments

• Mischa.JPG
    Mischa.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Mischa 8 months.JPG
    Mischa 8 months.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 123
I had a part maine coon cat years ago. Awesome personality, and huge compared to an average housecat.

Good to see you around SSS :).

I can see neededing to reinforce your desk, couch, and roof with that one!

look like a black panther to me :)

How does this LG IPS compare to ultrasharp 2408WFP?

Out of the box the Ultrasharp is a better monitor hands down. Usually you get what you pay for, but this LG at this price is way more bang for the buck than the Dell.

Trust me, I refuse to sacrifice picture quality, when the Dell Ultrasharp started to fade, I was simply going to buy another one until I saw this LG on the Best Buy shelves.
I was surprised at the picture quality.

It's a good deal here as long as Compgeeks doesn't play games with what is 'refurbished'.

PS, Sorry for the thread-jack Madhatter, just had to make a point in regard to LG's monitor bases :)

Got mine yesterday like teh 2 monitor set up but i think its unneeded lol so if i don't find a use for the second monitor i am going to sell my old monitor but this one is AWESOME lol.

How would this work for a cheap graphics/3d workstation monitor, with medium/mild gaming? I know nothing about displays. :-/ It will be a replacing about a six year old samsung 19" syncmaster.

Also, is this a refurb?

Edit: Damnit, it is refurbished. -_- Can I expect oem quality and packaging?

TIA

Last edited:
Post purchase review from me: These monitors are very good for the price. I have 3 dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS panels at work and the LGs are definitely a step below, especially when it comes to viewing angel. Although new, those Dell's are around $220 new.

The one thing I would like to point out is that these are not "Refurbished", they're reconditioned. The monitors I received were all obviously returns from B&M stores like BestBuy (most even have BestBuy tags and seals). They were not refurbished and IMO were not tested, only repackaged. I ordered three monitors, two of the three were acceptable for the price IMO, viewing angle wasn't that great and there was some minor back-light bleed.

• The screens and bezels were in great shape
  • For some reason almost all of the bases were scratched up like heck
  • Cables and AC were all good

The third monitor had horrible back-light bleed. All along the top and the corners of the screen. They accepted my RMA request without complaint, and cross-shipped a replacement. Unfortunately the replacement had worse back-light bleed then the original. I contacted support and explained the situation, they issued a shipping label and shipped me another replacement. I now have three monitors that I'm happy with and I think they fit the bill of "reconditioned" and are good to go for the price.

My concern is that geeks.com was willing to ship out the defective monitors in the first place. It wasn't even subtle, the back-light bleed was so bad it looked like a flashlight was shining down from the top of the screen and in the corners of the monitor. On top of the original one going out, they sent out an RMA replacement with the same exact problem, but only worse. IMO shipping out products that have a 40% chance of being blatantly defective is pretty poor (or non-existent) QA.

Back