• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GPU WU 13001 stuck in treacle mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Humanoid1

Well I have been enjoying some nice PPD production on my new MSI R9 290X Gaming card recently, averaging well over 200K PPD on any WU...

Yesterday I was crunching 13000 and getting up to about 220K PPD
- all these normal WUs heat my card up to 87c

until last night when I pulled down a 13001 which is only producing 54K PPD and only taking my cards temperature up to 73c.

Seems a bit of an iffy new WU?

...just sharing here in case others are also under-producing on this one.
- maybe other versions of this particular WU are fine? this is my 1st one.

(I'll later have a look around f@h forums and maybe post there too)

EDIT: I would add that all clock speeds etc are normal an unchanged from times with other WUs

Last edited:
Well, never mind that it seems...

although I Really did not expect it under the circumstances, it seems a restart has fixed performance. At least temps and power usage are back to normal.
- will no doubt shortly see the correct PPD being reported too.

Although not certain what caused that, not played any games and ages since I played any videos... All happy again :)

EDIT: Yup, all is as should be by the now incoming PPD.
- normally on AMD cards, performance once running is only affected by gaming while maintaining correct clock speeds. When videos play the clock speed is usually reduced causing a drop in PPD - sometimes the clock speeds has become stuck at a reduced speed due to past bugs in Flashplayer for example. But not in this case. So still a semi mystery...
(using all the latest (AMD Beta) drivers etc)

Last edited:
Back