• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help understanding my first gaming computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LOUPER

Registered
I just got my first gaming computer it has a ASUS M5A97 mother board, with An AMD FX-6 core Processor (Black edition)(3.3 GHZ):shrug:, RADEON HD 7850 2 GB graphics card , and GX650 watt power supply in a Haf 922 case and was wondering how good of a computer it is and what type of games i will be able to run:shrug:

components all seem ok not sure on the company who makes the power supply you have and you didn't mention ram,amd cpu's are really behind these days compared to intel but you should be able to run most if not all games these days on high assuming you have some descent ram in there too=)

:welcome: Looks like a decent rig, should cope fine, A black edition CPU is easier to oc too so wins all round (coolermaster make the GX650) :thup:

Yup, thats a fine rig for any game on high settings with a single monitor I would expect. The PSU is probably good, I think we may have a review on that one? It is by cooler master.

You should be good with gaming on Med-high settings in practically all games, if you game at 1080p resolutions.

What res is your monitor?

I can't see you haveing any problems setting Hight to maxing the latest games on a single monitor.

Its a good strong gamers rig :)

components all seem ok not sure on the company who makes the power supply you have and you didn't mention ram,amd cpu's are really behind these days compared to intel but you should be able to run most if not all games these days on high assuming you have some descent ram in there too=)

Im not sure how to check how much ram i have can you tell me how ? im just swtitching over from to xbox so i have to learn alot about pc gaming

Download cpuz, it has tabs that give you details on your RAM. If you can screenshot them and attach them to a post, we can explain what you have.

Download cpuz, it has tabs that give you details on your RAM. If you can screenshot them and attach them to a post, we can explain what you have.

And il have to do that tommarow will you be able to help me then? :confused:

Yup, bulldozers are really good for bf3. The game engine it runs on utilizes multiple cores well.

Black edition means the CPU has unlocked multipliers. Unlocked multipliers can make overclocking easier, as it gives you more control over settings.

And il have to do that tommarow will you be able to help me then? :confused:

Someone will be able to. Just post a new thread titled "cpuz help"... Anyone will jump in to help you pretty quickly, pretty much everyone here is pretty familiar with cpuz. :)

I will probably be around too, but others will probably beat me to it.

Do you think il be able to play Battle field 3?

I can play BF3 on high on a 64 slot server without a hiccup. You should be able to max it, provided you have enough ram, and it looks like whoever built your rig knew what they were doing, so you probably do.

ah yes.... here is how you find out how much RAM you have.

If you have a 32Bit OS you only have 3.2GB, no matter what is actually installed.

For BF3 you need a minimum 4GB.

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    103.6 KB · Views: 159
It should be added that the easiest way (for me) to get to that screen is to click on Start, then right-click on computer, then click on Properties.

It should be added that the easiest way (for me) to get to that screen is to click on Start, then right-click on computer, then click on Properties.

Yeah..

Another way to do it is (Start >> My Computer >> System Properties)

Back