• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD System Monitor showing 0% usage for my 2 Sapphire R9 280x cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arkid77

Hi all

I have two Sapphire R9 280x OC (UEFI) cards and just downloaded the latest version of the AMD system monitor.

To my surprise they both show no usage constantly even though I know they are being used. Also mhz speed of the cards is zero!
I will upload a photo to show this...

gpu_temp.jpg

Something is clearly wrong. I uninstalled the very latest AMD catalyst drivers (13.11 - that are in beta 9.5) and went back to 13.10.

This hasn't helped.

Note that the cards are not in cross fire mode.

Does anyone have any further ideas to troubleshoot this?

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing, but if I run something like OCCT or EVGA OC Scanner (something windowed) it goes up. Pretty sure its normal.

Use a different app that reports correctly is my suggestion... that is, if it is actually incorrect. What do you have the GPUs doing?

Mine does the same thing, but if I run something like OCCT or EVGA OC Scanner (something windowed) it goes up. Pretty sure its normal.

Hi Luke1978, Im pretty sure there is a problem as the mhz is also zero. Not just usage. I'm currently testing my card with a coin mining program and its hammering it like crazy so im pretty sure it should be registering usage.

I will try to upload a screenshot to my question to show this clearly...

All applications fail to report the temperatures and other hardware info from the two cards. So there is something fundamental going on in windows.

Back