• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird issues from oc'ing 7970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pharaun159

Registered
Hey guys
question for ya. Can you overclock a card, and get a stable overclock. Then later on benchmark it again and have it fail? I overclocked my sapphire radeon hd7970 oc with boost to:
1200ghz
1500 mem
20+ board power
1.25 volts
custom fan profile
and i never exceeded 65 degrees.
I scored a 7600-something on 3d mark.

I ran 3d mark yesterday, and during the cloud atlas test i kept getting weird color triangles and flickering colors as soon as the atlas engines came into the picture. This pattern continued for the remainder of the tests. So as i began to panic a little bit, i dial the overclock down to 1100ghz and 1450 mem. Same thing. Didnt go away till i dropped it all the way down to the stock overclock. Weird thing is, i have been haveing no problems while gameing. So out of curiosity, i put it back to what i had, and just played bf4.
No issues or flicker at all. Should I Leave it alone? Or dial it back? I'm getting a solid 60fps in bf4 90% of the time. Hate to have to lose it.

Back