• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK. G.Skill 4400LEs came in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the 431's seem to have been the current high fliers...I know OPP got his awhile back...before I got mine...my LC's are running the 431's...and the LE's that sucka and most other members have had the 431's also...(tested a set of LE's a week or so ago that had the 440's)

I have been seeing the 437's on the LD's and LF's recently...and these are the bottom of the line G. Skills...6-3-3-2 PC3200 rated...

This is kind of getting interesting...definetly post what your next TCCD's are and how they do after a week or two...

Last edited:
im buying a pair of 431's from a friend.. he said they are very nice overclcokers.. he got his 1gb set up to 250 1t on his nf7-s.. im guessing the board held him back ..

What ever way you go, whether LA or LE, bette make it quick because TCCD is on its way out.

Recent thread over at XS and linked to here at OCF on this topic...for those of you that are interested.

After Memtest all night at 270 2.5-3-3-7 got 64 errors. Man I might just have to RMA these things unless my Winnie is to blame. I need someone who lives near Milwakee or Chicago to test em in their rig if it can handle 275+ speeds.

i live a few hrs away from chicago, about 2.5-3 to be exact. Im also getting ready to purchase this ram, if you'd like i can test em out for you and see if they work and see if i like em. =D, it'd help both of us out.

EclipseJP said:
After Memtest all night at 270 2.5-3-3-7 got 64 errors. Man I might just have to RMA these things unless my Winnie is to blame. I need someone who lives near Milwakee or Chicago to test em in their rig if it can handle 275+ speeds.

What's irritating about TCCD is you may see 64 errors at 275, 2.5-3-3-7. Drop 1 mhz down, still 64. Drop 1 mhz down, still 64. Etc., etc. You may have to drop down to 268 to get rid of the few errors.

Or it will run one loop clean than error on the next, or two loops clean and error on the next, until you drop way down. So much for the BP PCB.

With BH-5, if you see 8 errors at 250, at 249 they are GONE!

Killerkid that would be great but I would like to test it on an A64 system at 275fsb.

Clevor- Thats the thing they wont even run at 275 without completly freezing up the computer at those timings. I mean even freezing up the bios, and thats when you know something is wrong.

Ok small update! They will now run at spec. Now all I did was let my computer sit all day. And another thing I did was up the vdd to 1.7 from 1.65. Could it be true that the memory really does need to be "burned in" or was the instability from them not having enough voltage to the nforce bridge.

Another problem may be heat. Now my case is well ventilated but there is no direct fan blowing on the memory, except the hot cpu air, which will be remedied with the new waterblock that I am about to put on. I hope my problem lies within one of these areas so it is fixable.

Another thing that I am going to try is to update the bios. Aparently there is a new 02/05/05 bios that is out and I am going to try that.

Ill keep you updated.

EclipseJP said:
Another thing that I am going to try is to update the bios. Aparently there is a new 02/05/05 bios that is out and I am going to try that.

Ill keep you updated.
"Not so fast! Not so fast" (Sorry, thought I was in Oz.) What is this about a new bios? Where is it? How do we get it? This is BIG news. Tell us more please! " The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken!" (Hey, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain)

Hahaha! I am using an Epox 9NDA3+. You have an MSI right? But here is where it is anyways for you epox users. Go to the Epox site and download the magic bios utility. And it will automatically go and find the latest and download it and even flash it for you in Windows! Its great.

EclipseJP i do have an a64 rig, im waiting on my ram though. I also need a better hsf then stock. But im ordering that tonight. My specs are

Ram- NEED, buying gskill le asap
mobo- mis k8n neo 2 plat
cpu- 3200winchester
gfxcard- 9800pro/xt

LMK.

OK guys found out the problem. It just doesnt like TRC at 3 at 276fsb and above. Its perfectly stable at 275 with it at 3 but at any higher it wont unless you change it to 4. BTW currently running at 282 2.5-4-3-7 and seems rock stable as of now.

SiSoft Memory bandwith is Int 7417mb/s
Float 7325mb/s with an 82% efficiency rating.

Not too bad I guess lol.

I had read something to that effect at the AMD forum. It wasn't just specific to GSkill, but ram in general wuth A64's. Sounds like you're really cookin'!

i just got my gksill LE's and my ram also doesnt like the ras to cas to be at 3. it <3's 4. Im currently primming at 290x9 with 2.65vdimm, at 1t-2.5-3-4-7. So far so good. I will letcha know how high i can get them

Edit: my cpu is insane, it can post at 285x10. I accidently went 285x10 instead of x9. LOL.

yah, 290x9 will work at 2.5-3-4-7, but 275 at 2.5-3-3-7 wont. hmm. Anywho, which is better anyways?

Lower timings are uaually better, but I doubt this one setting by one tick makes a big difference. Just enjoy that it does work.

Back