• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9NDA3 owners?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My J is prime stable at 9 x 280. I had it up and running at this speed in one day; I spent over a week trying to get that AV8 over 200. Hope you have good luck with yours, Sen. So far, I'm very happy with this board. The only potential problem is the placement of the 2 sata ports; an extra-large vid heatsink might be trouble. My 6800gt is stock, and it's a tight squeeze. But for the basic bang-for-the-buck, this one is hard to beat.

Mr. A., made a run of 01 this morning, got 24000 and some change. My temps are normally low 30's idle ( varying with ambient ), and a long run of cpu burn-in will hit 50. I run a 56cfm panaflo on my swiftech.
I error out prime in 2 hours at 2.6; I can run 3dmark and game at 2.7, but prime won't even start up. 9 x 280 seems to be the sweet spot for this cpu ( week 41 ); everything runs great.

SnP2k said:
Would be cool if the PCB was fire red, black, or some other cool color
If that were the case it wouldnt be Epox. Their plain jane green and white are their official colors jsut like DFI uses UV reactive parts

garste said:
I bought an Abit AV8 that turned out to have a non-functioning agp lock.
I seriously doubt that. It is rare but I doubt it, most likely its a Dram conflict similar to what Im having. In single channel it works great but once you throw it into DC all hell breaks loose.

I can run just fine Asynch but anything above 220 1:1 craps out. If I didnt run asynch I would think that the PCI lock was to blame. Clearly it isnt.

Sen, you might be right about the root cause, just a guess on my part. My AV8 runs fine at stock speed, but the slightest increase in HTT results in the loss of 3d. Even at 210 3dmark and games refused to run. At the time there were several threads at the abit forum about this issue, and I tried every suggested fix at least once. Finally I got fed up ( I believe you know the feeling ), and tried the epox. Every now and then I do something right.

garste said:
Sen, you might be right about the root cause, just a guess on my part. My AV8 runs fine at stock speed, but the slightest increase in HTT results in the loss of 3d. Even at 210 3dmark and games refused to run. At the time there were several threads at the abit forum about this issue, and I tried every suggested fix at least once. Finally I got fed up ( I believe you know the feeling ), and tried the epox. Every now and then I do something right.
Yea I can only imagine your frustration. The only reason I knew of this issue is from watching my friend deal with it. Hell I blamed this motherboard, but yet he could run past 300 with 1T asynch with the RAM really low. But as soon as it broke past about 205 it would lose 3D

garste said:
Mr. A., made a run of 01 this morning, got 24000 and some change. My temps are normally low 30's idle ( varying with ambient ), and a long run of cpu burn-in will hit 50. I run a 56cfm panaflo on my swiftech.
I error out prime in 2 hours at 2.6; I can run 3dmark and game at 2.7, but prime won't even start up. 9 x 280 seems to be the sweet spot for this cpu ( week 41 ); everything runs great.
Wow thats great, The highest I hit with the Neo2 was 23990 And then again that would be one day and the next I would BSOD LOL Go figure.
Well I'm glad that I ran into this forum and I look forward to getting my Epox 9NDA3J next week:)

Strip Mall World; where else would you want be? Have fun with that new toy.

xcelerator said:
i have a venus 12 heatsink and fan.....i figured how to push 330x8 its doing great with 1.44vcore :attn:
I'll have to look into that HS and fan. So whats the secret in getting it to 330X8 with 1.44 vcore?

I have the 9NDA3+ with a TDX waterblock. Now I don't know if its the cpu or what but I can get 2.6, but 2.7 with my 3000+ is a chore. I am not sure if its the cpu or the fact that its an NF3. I am mostly happy with the board, but would be happier with the NF4 DFI board.

Also I did hit 325 fsb with 3-4-4-8 1t with my 4400LEs.

You guys are finding out what Polygon over in RebelHaven and I have known for awhile: the Epox is a fine board. I normally don't sig a rig since I got five of them and I keep switching out boards, but the 9NDA3+ deserves mention.

I think the board can do VDIMM to 3.8 or so with the mod, so those on a low budget and who already have a killer AGP card can forego all the NF4 hype. The way the board is designed, I think Epox anticipated VDIMM modding as everything is in an easily accessible area, plus they put in one of those carbon rods with copper wound around it. Asus pioneered this. Normally one is found near the CPU power phase, but Epox put one for the VDIMM circuit also. And VTT tracks as I can bench 3D fine at 3.28 volts. I accidentally maxed my pot out but the board shut down rather than fried. Same deal with the 4PDA2+; Epox engineers are sharp. Their boards seems to have a brain.

Keep in mind the board has one issue: problems running Sandra and PCMark2004 memory benches with certain ram in certain slots. You will get a MS error box or a reboot. But you can use Everest to estimate bandwidth (tho' it is a little optimistic).

Yeah, the board will run high HTT. On several Winnies 338HTT was no problem. I can also run up to 290 on the ram at 5x LDT.

Supposedly the VCORE doesn't work >1.6 but I have no problems with my Ver. 2.1 and the latest BIOS, tho' I don't need more than 1.58 on all the Winnies I tested.

The Ver. 2.1 also has the 0445 or later NF3 chipset which loves BH-5. Also, the lockup issue when overclocking Nvidia cards seems to have been solved.

If you got XMS3500, you will kick butt on an Epox board. I think they validate the board around this ram. 250, 1:1, 2-2-2-5 is also no problem for me at sub 3.3 volts on the 4PDA2+ and 4PCA3+.

I think the 9NDA3 is way underrated in the forums and I've had nothing but good luck with this board. I'm currently running at 9x295 with a Winchester 3000.
thelatestsig.jpg

That's a 47.5% oc - not bad for a $150 chip. The board is Prime95 stable 12 hrs at that speed and I'm running HT 3x and Memory @ 166MHz setting. For a screenie (1600x1200 image) go here. Ive had it up to 9x298 and 8x320 and was able to sucessfully complete 3DMark2001.
Tips -
> If your using SATA use the SATA 1 or 2 headers. These are on the nForce3 controller. SATA 3 & 4 are on the Marvell 88SR3020 controller and won't oc worth a s**t.
> Disable Cool’n’Quiet. I use CPUIdle instead and it makes a huge difference in temps when benching (15°C in Prime95).
> For a higher oc Disable AC97 Audio and NV Lan - good for 5 to 7 MHz.
> I'm using DIMMs 1&2 although others have reported better luck with DIMMs 3&4.
> There is a ver 1.1 and a ver 2 board. The 1.1 seems to be limited to Vcore options up to +.20v and the ver 2 goes up to +.35v.
> Use A64 Tweaker. I found out that my OCZ gold rev 3 will run at tRAS 8 since I made the screenie.
> Use the RAM divider settings if you're running the high CPU frequencies. I use the 166 MHz setting and the way it works is that when the CPU is at 200MHz (default) the RAM is at 166MHz but when the CPU is at 195MHz the RAM is at 241MHz. Unlike the Socket A boards the only performance hit you'll suffer is if you can't get close to the max freq that the RAM will do. My OCZ will do 260MHz so if I could run the CPU at 295 and the Mem at 260 I would probably see bandwidth of 75++ instead of the 71++s I'm seeing now.
Hope this helps someone.
Bill

Back