• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Fan connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beastiedk

Registered
Hi there,
I have a Northq 4100 and it is pretty good looking and silent.
Now I bought a mobo Asus P5AD2 E-Premium and this is a stupid question but well. The mobo has a power fan connector which I suppose is to monitor the PSU fan speed??
Is this correct? if yes, then my nice PSU has no power fan connector? is there a way of safely getting one myself?
thanks for the patience with this newbee

some powersupplies have a 3-pin fan connector that comes out with the other wires. it only has the 1 RPM wire for monitoring fan speeds. you dont need it, and the only thing its good for is seeing what the PSU fans are running at, you can't change them or anything.

its not worth attempting to put in a wire.

zip22 said:
some powersupplies have a 3-pin fan connector that comes out with the other wires. it only has the 1 RPM wire for monitoring fan speeds. you dont need it, and the only thing its good for is seeing what the PSU fans are running at, you can't change them or anything.

its not worth attempting to put in a wire.

Agreed!!! not worth the time and effort.

Back