• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal 3DMark scores? X800PRO Vivo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

Ok, I just got this card today. It is a Sapphire X800PRO VIVO 256MB card. It has the 1.6ns ram, so I am guessing it is probably a good canidate for a flash to an XT PE. I will probably hold off on the flash due to this going into a Shuttle SFF case. Anyway, I was wondering what a normal score is for these things at stock speeds? and overclocked?

I have currently run it stock with 3DMark01/03/05, with scores of 17491/6074/3647 respectively. Now these seem a bit low. I am running the Cat 4.12's. I did do some overclocking, and ran 3DMark01/03 with it at 522mhz core / 540mhz ram. This netted a score of 18350/6821. I would think that that kind of an OC should have better results than that. The rest of the specs are in my sig under my Main Rig. Are these scores right? What should they be at if they arent? I thought I would at least get 20000 in 3DMark01 and 10000 in 3DMark03?

EDIT: Also if I did flash it, could I run it at lower clock speeds (475/450?) to keep temps down a bit, yet still run the 16pipes?

hmmm, that seems very low, actually. my old x800pro did just over 10,000-11k on 3dmark03 with stock clocks. did you make sure to slide the direct3d and opengl sliders all the way to the left? and then hit apply?

so right click in your deskop

then click "properties"

click "settings"

click "advanced"

then click the "3D" tab (that is where the sliders are)

also to the "SMARTGART" tab, is it running at 8x in AGP? if not, I would try reinstalling your motherboard chipset drivers.

good luck!

Ok, that was it. They were set in the middle of the slider. I am now getting 19926 in 3DMark01 @ stock speed, and 10270 in 3DMark03 @ stock speed.

Now it is time for bed. Tomorrow we will see just how far this thing will OC.

those scores *after you dropped the detail to low* are pretty normal at stock clocks. I got an 11k score on 3dmark03 with stock clocks so you are fine.

Well I played around a bit on Thursday, and here is what I am currently stable at. 570 core and 600 ram. This is all with stock cooling, no vmod, and its all packed in my little Shuttle SFF. Temps never went over 60C. The ram has a bit more in it, but the core is about maxxed without any more voltage.

I also have a question about the softmod to XT-PE. Is the unlocking the extra 4 pipes permanent? If the flash is successful unlocking the extra 4 pipes, but one of the pipes is damaged, is there a way to go back to the 12 pipes?

Attachments

• 570-600.JPG
    570-600.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 142
you appear to be cpu limited but since 3dmark 2003 is quite gpu intensive even with your weak cpu you should be around 9k in 2003. not sure about 2005, never paid much attention to that but id say 4.5k. your 2001 score is proof of your cpu bottleneck. If you do some tweaks you can gain some performance. upgrading to an a64 will get you like 11k in 2003, 25k plus in 2001 :D

RAMMAN said:
bchur83 what games do you play at those clocks?

Well I play alot of BF1942 DC. Thats my main game. I also play a bit of C&C Generals. I did receive a HL2 Voucher with my old 9600 AIW, so I have that, but I have only played like 30min of it. I currently just set it at that for benching, but I'm not running it at that speed 24/7.

the only difference between your card and mine is that mine is a genuine ati card.and yet 516/525 is the absolute maximum stable overclock for playing my games(farcry mainly)why is this the case?my system specs are in my signature.

veryhumid , do u suggest RivaTuner over ATiTool ? cause thats what im currently using right now.

bchur83 said:
Ok, I just got this card today. It is a Sapphire X800PRO VIVO 256MB card. It has the 1.6ns ram, so I am guessing it is probably a good canidate for a flash to an XT PE. I will probably hold off on the flash due to this going into a Shuttle SFF case. Anyway, I was wondering what a normal score is for these things at stock speeds? and overclocked?

I have currently run it stock with 3DMark01/03/05, with scores of 17491/6074/3647 respectively. Now these seem a bit low. I am running the Cat 4.12's. I did do some overclocking, and ran 3DMark01/03 with it at 522mhz core / 540mhz ram. This netted a score of 18350/6821. I would think that that kind of an OC should have better results than that. The rest of the specs are in my sig under my Main Rig. Are these scores right? What should they be at if they arent? I thought I would at least get 20000 in 3DMark01 and 10000 in 3DMark03?

EDIT: Also if I did flash it, could I run it at lower clock speeds (475/450?) to keep temps down a bit, yet still run the 16pipes?

Your scores are VERY low. Make sure you are not forcing AA and/or Aniso on in the ATI Control
Panel. if they are not forced on then re-install the MB's Gart driver.

Viper

visK said:
veryhumid , do u suggest RivaTuner over ATiTool ? cause thats what im currently using right now.

I use rivatuner now. viperjohn built my card and recommended I use that to set clock speeds on it. It has a lot of nice features, and if viperjohn says the artifact detection is worthless, that is enough reason for me not to use it ;) and I agree with him. the best judge is your own eyes, not something that will limit your overclock based on errors in a couple pixels. I liked how ati tool can show you the temp of the card in the taskbar, and it is useful for controlling the fan speed. other than that, I like riva tuner. try them both out :thup:

tisk tisk John, did you read the whole thread ;) . The author originally forgot to adjust his performance/quality sliders in the direct3d and opengl tabs. He ran the bench again and got over 12K in 3d03 :D

Back