• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 and Ultramon (or similar) - want dual monitor taskbar support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
So I still don't understand why Microsoft hasn't embedded support for a taskbar on each monitor when running more than one monitor, but I hate how I have to move my mouse to the main monitor to get to a window from the taskbar when working on the second monitor...

I used Ultramon on Windows XP, but when I try to install it now it says it's not compatible since the version I have is 32-bit.

Is there anything out there that would work on W7 64 ultimate?

I feel your pain. :cry: I have the same question...thanks for making a thread.

I was able to use a Vista 64-bit version and it works, but it doesn't group the programs nicely on the 2nd monitor on the taskbar.

To be honest, I always HATED grouping of programs on the taskbar, until W7... it's just AWESOME. Today is my 2nd day with W7 and man I love it.

I was able to use a Vista 64-bit version and it works, but it doesn't group the programs nicely on the 2nd monitor on the taskbar.

To be honest, I always HATED grouping of programs on the taskbar, until W7... it's just AWESOME. Today is my 2nd day with W7 and man I love it.

I agree, I never used the grouping ever and I've been using Windows 7 since May and the grouping has been very nice. :clap:

I also have a 64 bit version of ultramon and it crashes immediately when windows 7 loads. I've been looking for a replacement ever since but have found nothing. I actually haven't booted to W7 in weeks, because of that and some irritating issues I have been seeing since the RC was released.

I also have a 64 bit version of ultramon and it crashes immediately when windows 7 loads. I've been looking for a replacement ever since but have found nothing. I actually haven't booted to W7 in weeks, because of that and some irritating issues I have been seeing since the RC was released.

What issues are you having? I haven't had any.

What issues are you having? I haven't had any.

Nothing big but I'm getting a lot of nonresponsive sessions with IE and some major lag when selecting my favorites list. I'll click on my favorites and it will sit there for a minute before the list opens up. It doesn't do it all the time but enough to bug me. And most of my games won't play now, I get the "Please insert disc and try again" crap! Some times my printer and networked drives don't show up. I've got a few more but you get the point...... The beta version worked absolutely flawless for me, I think I'm going to do a reinstall this weekend and see if these issues clear up.

/threadjack, sorry godM@n!

Nothing big but I'm getting a lot of nonresponsive sessions with IE and some major lag when selecting my favorites list. I'll click on my favorites and it will sit there for a minute before the list opens up. It doesn't do it all the time but enough to bug me. And most of my games won't play now, I get the "Please insert disc and try again" crap! Some times my printer and networked drives don't show up. I've got a few more but you get the point...... The beta version worked absolutely flawless for me, I think I'm going to do a reinstall this weekend and see if these issues clear up.

/threadjack, sorry godM@n!

No problem, buddy...
The beta version of what, Ultramon?

ultramon has a beta v3.07 that seems to work fine for me on win7 x64 rc1. does exactly what you are looking for and you can setup an option to make it so that the taskbar on the second monitor is mirrored from the first one. just make sure you get the 64-bit version

ultramon has a beta v3.07 that seems to work fine for me on win7 x64 rc1. does exactly what you are looking for and you can setup an option to make it so that the taskbar on the second monitor is mirrored from the first one. just make sure you get the 64-bit version

see what i have that's working has the taskbars independent, but the taskbar on the 2ndary monitor doesn't group nicely the way the primary one does.

Im not shocked this issue hasnt been addressed yet, its just one of them things that gets neglected time after time

i'm using 64bit ultramon and it works fine - except for the smart taskbar, which seems unuable with windows 7 because of the new bar.

i'm using 64bit ultramon and it works fine - except for the smart taskbar, which seems unuable with windows 7 because of the new bar.

Yes, it's working for me also similarly...

Back