• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So people who ordered the physical media got the full retail non-upgrade packaging? :eek: That's pretty crazy. I meant to see if my alma mater could get me a .edu address but never got around to it...would have loved to get full Pro for $30 :(

So people who ordered the physical media got the full retail non-upgrade packaging? :eek: That's pretty crazy. I meant to see if my alma mater could get me a .edu address but never got around to it...would have loved to get full Pro for $30 :(

yes i was wanting to know this...no one ever verified this...if you order the backup dvd from digital river does it come in the full retail pretty packaging? or do they just send you a disc with files on it?

It came in the blue packaging, it's made of plastic and not much bigger than a regular cd case though, so it's not really that special.

The copy on win741 was a full retail copy.

not for me it wasnt. i had to double install. it would not accept the key unless i upgraded

I ordered the win741 copy since it's still a good deal and I can upgrade another computer with it.

When you're ordering and in the invoice it says "Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64bit Upgrade"

I'm pretty sure this "upgrade" still allows you to have the FULL version of windows 7 on your PC even if you do not have windows already.

In this article you will find instructions for:

Upgrading to Windows 7. Choose Upgrade to keep your files, settings, and programs from your current version of Windows, and if your current version of Windows can be upgraded. If your version of Windows can't be upgraded, you need to choose Custom.

Installing a custom version of Windows. Choose Custom to completely replace your current operating system, or to install Windows on a specific drive or partition that you select. You can also use Custom if your computer doesn't have an operating system, or if you want to set up a multiboot system on your computer. For more information about setting up a multiboot system, see Install more than one operating system (multiboot).

Reinstalling Windows 7. Choose this option if you want to restore default Windows settings or if you are having trouble with Windows and need to reinstall it by performing a custom installation.

This deal is dead. I tried calling today for my 2nd one, and the guy said he's not even allowed to process any .edu discounts anymore. Upgrade or Full. He directed me to email [email protected] and ask them or calling 1-877-244-8653. I called the # and they said if you order the win741.com one and pay for the backup disk, it's the full version but im 90% sure he just wanted to get me off the phone.

This deal is dead. I tried calling today for my 2nd one, and the guy said he's not even allowed to process any .edu discounts anymore. Upgrade or Full. He directed me to email [email protected] and ask them or calling 1-877-244-8653. I called the # and they said if you order the win741.com one and pay for the backup disk, it's the full version but im 90% sure he just wanted to get me off the phone.

Deal is not dead through win741, just over the phone.

You can still do a clean install with the version from win741.com, they just call it the upgrade version.

read back through the thread, I believe there are multiple confirmations of this.

Does anyone know if there is a limitation to how many machines you can legally install this on? I know for most licenses, its restricted to one, but I haven't been able to find anywhere so far that stated a limitation. I'm wanting to upgrade my HTPC and install it as a VM as well on another machine. Could this be done legally?

No, it's no different than any other version of Windows, just priced differently. You cannot activate it on more than one machine.

Whoever said this deal was dead it is not, people have still been able to order the full retail version through the telephone sale. I have heard conflicting reports though of having trouble getting a CSR who will process the sale.

im a school student, but my school doesnt give out email addresses.. *westech college*, think i can still get on this somehow?

Yes. Go to the 741 page. There are ways to get it without a .edu address (by supplying other info).

After purchasing Win7 Pro x64 from win741, I contacted customer support saying I would like the ISO file for download. They sent a link and I downloaded the ISO and the Win7 USB DVD Tool, and made a bootable Win7 DVD with them. I did a "custom" (clean) install with it and it worked fine.

I wanted to use my USB drive, but for some reason the Win7 USB DVD Tool would fail if I tried, but making the DVD worked fine.

Placed order about 5 mins ago through the phone number listed here. Did not have to wait on hold at all, and the order went smoothly. Full retail version which includes both the 32 and 64 bit DVDs will be shipped to my door within 3 to 7 business days. I just went with Home Premium since I did not need the extra security/business features of professional.

Placed order about 5 mins ago through the phone number listed here. Did not have to wait on hold at all, and the order went smoothly. Full retail version which includes both the 32 and 64 bit DVDs will be shipped to my door within 3 to 7 business days. I just went with Home Premium since I did not need the extra security/business features of professional.

You don't want to network anything?

Back