• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cost of distributed computing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whats up with this guys post?

Re:processors dying... (Score:2, Insightful)
by sjwt (161428) on Wednesday October 15, @12:01PM (#7220424)
From what i understand,
if you are useing an overclocked Intel chip,
then yes, as they change the cycles to suite
the load and heat, you may age the chip,
but the ageing is only slight.

On AMD chips, they run the same weather under
load or not, so theres no ageing there.

ageing? we overclockers dont keep chips long enough to worry about ageing. the longest i think i normally keep a chip is 2-3 months then im off to buy a better faster one :)

Burning Phoenix said:
whats up with this guys post?

Sounds like he has a bad case of IDIOT. Other forums on the internet truely frighten me whenever someone brings up overclocking... or really anything computer related other than buying a new Dell laptop, dude.

Dude you got a DELL!! Overclock it! Ya!!!

Um...I also was under the impression that no matter what the CPU, if you overclock it some of the life is sucked out of it but it just might last longer than others being over clocked?

However as stated, who has the main PC at home with the same CPU for more than I would think a year??

The VTech said:
However as stated, who has the main PC at home with the same CPU for more than I would think a year??

ME! I keep a PC for at least a year and a half! Sometimes much longer. I have a PII 333 running at home as a server!

Back