• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking For Help w/ Cable Management Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

setotitan

Afternoon All!

I'm looking for some help with this desk I recently purchased. If you can't tell from the picture there's no holes or outlets to drop cables. The whole desk is flat with no openings on top. Even more troublesome is it's open design. Many desks have a back to them where you can drop cables behind never to be seen again. I didn't think about it until I was plugging in all my devices but sitting on top there's two monitors, a laptop, speakers, a printer and a phone. If you look at it from the front it's this web of medusa-esque cables hung down all disheveled.

I’m looking for a solution, perhaps trick of the trade to help deal with the wires. Right now the best thing I can think of is to run them to edge and zip tie them into one bundle underneath, the staple those zip tied segments every foot or so along the underside and train them toward the cabinet and down that way. Does anyone have a more elegant solution or an idea they have seen used before to manage the mess?

Thanks guys just what I was looking for, lots of great tools and options to choose!

Back