• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums "Thank You" Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW! And I do mean WOW! I want to thank the moderation/admin/senior team here. Why?
Saw a spam thread, reported it, and then BLAM! like not even a minute later it's toasted. :thup:

That's our seniors at work. They don't moderate, however they do have the ability and permission to blink spam out of existence. Since they got the ability a year or so ago, few spams have survived past the 5 minute mark.

Our mods do a lot of proactive prevention with checking new registrations and other anti-spam measures, but our seniors are starving to pick up the crumbs.

I'm thankful for everyone diligently putting in more work than all the spammers who relentlessly attempt to gain access and detract from the quality of our site.

Hi all! My name is Dave and I've been an avid lurker for well over a year now and decided it was time that I registered so that I could post my sincere thanks to all the forum members here.

Virtually everything I have learned about overclocking and case modding, along with all the specific information regarding compatibility of hardware, quality of various components, and just plain generally useful "things to know" about home pc's, I learned right here from all of you.

I couldn't say how many times I've googled something or other and the first hit was for a topic right here at Overclockers.com.

So for all of the genuinely helpful information, which all of you have unselfishly shared in order to promote this great hobby of ours, my sincere gratitude to you all.

You see, I have just finished my first computer build, which includes some serious cable management, a few mods to my case, and last but not least a rock solid overclock which was only possible with the knowledge and understanding I gained from frequenting these forums.

This forum is absolutely outstanding and it is with great pleasure that I can now officially consider myself a member of the community here.

Thanks again for everything! This forum is head and shoulders above all the other similar ones out there regarding pc's! :thup:

With my best regards to all,

"Greyhawke"

Thanks so much for stopping by to say so Greyhawke....its great to hear the positive reports from time to time :)

Hi all! My name is Dave and I've been an avid lurker for well over a year now and decided it was time that I registered so that I could post my sincere thanks to all the forum members here.

Virtually everything I have learned about overclocking and case modding, along with all the specific information regarding compatibility of hardware, quality of various components, and just plain generally useful "things to know" about home pc's, I learned right here from all of you.

I couldn't say how many times I've googled something or other and the first hit was for a topic right here at Overclockers.com.

So for all of the genuinely helpful information, which all of you have unselfishly shared in order to promote this great hobby of ours, my sincere gratitude to you all.

You see, I have just finished my first computer build, which includes some serious cable management, a few mods to my case, and last but not least a rock solid overclock which was only possible with the knowledge and understanding I gained from frequenting these forums.

This forum is absolutely outstanding and it is with great pleasure that I can now officially consider myself a member of the community here.

Thanks again for everything! This forum is head and shoulders above all the other similar ones out there regarding pc's! :thup:

With my best regards to all,

"Greyhawke"

That might be the most honoring introductory post I've ever read. :salute: Glad you signed up, and while you may not be new here, welcome to being part of the community.

I thanked a list of people in a previous THREAD but I'd like to give a special shout out to Earthdog who has answered countless pm's from me regarding a number of different issues and helped me out every time with out fret or an impatient attitude.

Hi all! My name is Dave

:welcome: Dave! You'll find that we care for all members regardless of amount of time they've been around. We're a strong caring community and all glad to have you on board!

Last edited:
I have not been a prolific poster here of late, because I decide to hit up other forums that were as high traffic as OCF. I do not focus well on multiple sites and already have a few staples under my belt for friendly banter. I nmy walkabout over the last year I have found something out.

Every site I go to gets compared to OCforums. It also usually turns out poorly in comparison. Sites with less restrictive moderation have hate posts all the time, other sites allow their news posters to have agendas to push a certain thought system. (mainly angst and hate at something)

I am not saying OCF is perfect, there are restrictions on posting here, but the restrictions tend to be worth it. And who is to thank for that. the community staff at OCF. Filters and post editting by staff are for the benefit of all. They handle trolls, spammers, advertisers, and sneaky hackers trying to eat your cookies! they do it without comment most of the time. though I do miss some of the bright green fonts explaining why that person was prevented from posting anymore with snarky comments added...

Big thanks from the staff down to the average poster. You all make this site a pleasure to come join in. Thanks Matt for setting this site up to succeed. I love what was done with the review portion over the last year, and the general community has grown stronger as a result. dunno how many times I go to google something and OCF comes up as a result (sorry I mean Overclockers old habits and all) when it is new tech.

Awesome job guys, thanks for making this place great.:thup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is rather late, but I'd like to thank everyone that has EVER answered one of my questions or pointed me in the right direction. Taking what I learned here, I was able to get a decent job while in college so I could continue to support my wife after I got out of the Army. (My military specialty translated directly to a civilian job but would not have allowed me much time to go to school... meh)

Anyways, I got hired at RackSpace, brought home the bacon, bought a house, finished college with a severe case of never enough sleep (working third shift will eventually kill you, I believe; I literally survived weeks at a time with only 2 or 3 hours a day and not all of it in one piece), had a baby, then started a new career as an engineer at one of the largest defense contractors in the world. It's going on 2 years since I started here; life is good.

Having the extra knowledge of computers outside of "regular EE know-how" has also let me take on extra tasking that wouldn't be possible in our shop without it.

None of this would have been possible if the folks on here hadn't been willing to share their knowledge and teach the people coming behind them the skills that they worked so hard to learn. Well, I would have figured out the baby part.... :)

So THANK YOU. As a member of this forum for ~10 years, I have had the privilege of interacting with some of the best people you can find on the internet or anywhere else.

Allen

Thought i would chip in here, after being de-overclocked for a few years(switched to mac) i was pretty much back to being a noob overclocking wise, but this place has gotten me pretty much up to speed on everything....and if theres something im not entirely up to speed on yet im sure its here...i just have to look for it, so i pretty much want to thank the entire community here for making this the best....by far geek forum i've had the pleasure to join :thup:

In particular i just have to thank Hokie for the epic watercooling guide and Theocnoob for the 25/26/2700k 4.5ghz guide....awesome stuff :clap:

Questions never seem to go unanswered here.....so overclockers > all others imo

I've been here for a short while, but in such a short amount of time I have learned sooo much. I am extremely grateful for this community. I have had my questions answered right away and always with a wealth of information. Also, the stickies are fantastic and make for some great reading. This community has made me a better/more effective overclocker and helped me make some needed improvements to my cooling loop. Thank you all for creating a place to share such valuable knowledge and experience. I'm looking forward to spending many years with the Overclocker's community. -Cheers

Great to hear you've had a good experience as a new member solder. What you described is exactly what we're all here for. :)

i have learned ALOT here since i joined here from my rig when i joined i had a 350watt psu power my motherboard and a 450w cd drive psu for my two cards and these guys talked me into a good psu and probably saved my stuff. taught me how to water cool, how to bench, and all kinds of stuff!

thank you :D

Thank you Neuromancer for your advice on my OC. I now have a stable 3.8 and my system has never felt faster. :attn: Also thanks for the personal research you did on my board to come up with the right combination of settings and voltages. It's really nice when someone goes the extra mile to get it done right. I couldn't be more pleased. -Cheers

Thank You Overclockers.com community

As some of you may know I had a recent post that has now been solved thanks to the following people:

Csquared
Wobo
Knufire
Horrerblade
SuperNade

After taking into consideration everything that has been reccomended I have decided on the following Setup:

Thor V2 Full Tower Case

ASrock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155 Extended ATX MOBO

OCZ ZX 1250w fully Modular PSU

2xSapphire Radeon 6850's in CrossFireX

i7 3770K

Samsung 830 256GB SSD

Western Digital Green 1tb HDD

Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1600MHz 8gb(2x4GB)

Thank You Everyone for your input and I hope to write a review for everything if that is okay once I build it.

As some of you may know I had a recent post that has now been solved thanks to the following people:

Csquared
Wobo
Knufire
Horrerblade
SuperNade

After taking into consideration everything that has been reccomended I have decided on the following Setup:

Thor V2 Full Tower Case

ASrock OC Formula Z77 LGA 1155 Extended ATX MOBO

OCZ ZX 1250w fully Modular PSU

2xSapphire Radeon 6850's in CrossFireX

i7 3770K

Samsung 830 256GB SSD

Western Digital Green 1tb HDD

Patriot Viper 3 DDR3 1600MHz 8gb(2x4GB)

Thank You Everyone for your input and I hope to write a review for everything if that is okay once I build it.

No disrespect to the guys who helped you, but a 1250 watt PSU and 6850 crossfire is really silly for a new rig :)

Why? (not that you are wrong necessarily, but if you want to help, posting your input in his build thread would be ideal. As for PSU, that isn't a terrible idea... It could probably be the last PSU he buys, ever, for this rig or future ones)

Back