• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xfx 7970 problem with hdmi output

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nyhunter

Registered
Hi All,

Recently upgraded pc with new 7970 card and I couldn't get windows or catalyst control center to detect my hdmi hdtv or my denon avr 1912 receiver.

SPEC:
mb: asus maximus vi hero/ i7 4770k
vid: xfx core 7970
windows 7 x64
onboard sound
receiver: denon AVR 1912

Problem is when I restart the pc, the screen works. I can see the post and load screen and get into windows. Once I install CCC, The screen would no longer be detected and I would have to plug in a dvi monitor to get any display.

I've tried to enable/disable LCD overdrive. removed onboard sound and multiple versions of CCC but all has the same problem. Tried version 12.6 / 13.4/ 13.12.

Desperately trying to get my pc working with my hdtv/receiver. any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you tried multiple different refresh rates? If your monitor is 60Hz, try 59, 59.9, and 60. I've seen some issues with that going from DVI to HDMI. Something which may help (since you'll be losing video signal) is Teamviewer. Will allow you to connect to the PC from another PC (or mac or android) and remotely control it.

new discovery. When I plug my a DVI monitor into DVI port 2 instead of port 1.. I get a display on my HDTV that mirrors the display on the monitor. However, windows will not detect a secondary monitor connection so I cannot extend display but only mirror. Also hdmi audio connection to the TV is not detected. Very strange problem....

What video card did you have previously? I'd use driver sweeper or whatever the app is to completely wipe out the graphics (and audio) drivers and start with a fresh set from AMD. Then try the different refresh rates if that doesn't solve it.

I have xfx 7970 core ed now. previous was sapphire 7850. yea I use driver sweep all the time to remove and clean install.

Back