• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Games To Look Forward To?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha....I could sum this thread up really well. Don't expect anything good/new/innovative from EA... Anything from EA, just makes me think of this song(link).

FO2 was a bit buggy for my tastes, and massivly hard.
Come on, you accidentaly catch someone on your team with a stray shot and thats it, your sworn enemies, you could sell items the plot required and so forth.
Then again, that was a long time ago, maybe I'd ge more out of it now.

FO2 was a bit buggy for my tastes, and massivly hard.
Come on, you accidentaly catch someone on your team with a stray shot and thats it, your sworn enemies, you could sell items the plot required and so forth.
Then again, that was a long time ago, maybe I'd ge more out of it now.

It being hard was part of the fun.

It was a few patches later to fix that crashing issue and such.

The rest was what gave the game magic. How would you feel if your buddy shot you? lol Selling plot items... Well it made it interesting for your choices on how you handled your inventory. Ahh, life outside the vault. It can be hard. ;)

I just felt it was a bit OTT, ok, I shot him, but it was a mistake, he doesnt have to swap sides over it.
I may try and dig it out, give it another go

I'm looking forward to

Legendary
Left 4 Dead
(somewhat) alone in the dark
Dead space
(possibly warhammer tired of the mmorpg addiction tho)
resident evil 5 (if that ever hits pc hopefully)

I'm a big horror game fan so i'm dieing for left 4 dead to come out.

I just felt it was a bit OTT, ok, I shot him, but it was a mistake, he doesnt have to swap sides over it.
I may try and dig it out, give it another go

:D Strange, but the same thing happened in 1 and 2 in the towns/vault cities. Shoot one towner. You got the whole town miffed at you. If any quests are in that town. You blew it. Also your rep takes a hit too.

There was so much that you could tork off NPCs in the game. Even getting caught picking pockets will give you a hit on your rep. Which in some cases makes it harder to talk to certain NPCs. Don't get addicted to the drugs. It makes the game really hard. Even wasters hate addicts.

If you wanted to be evil in the game. You could go 'NPC child' hunting. Which before the last patch, would make the game much much harder for you. For the time it was made. Fallout was a really complex game underneath. Every action in the game, had some impact. Some of it was blind luck, or lack of it.. Outside of your home vault was a tough place. ;)

If they hold to similar aspects of Fallout franchise. It is a going to be a very amazing game.

Last edited:
Wow, new kings bounty?
Loved that game, never did complete it, after reading the wiki it seems I misunderstood what I was supposed to do, I thought I just got the sceptre for killing the last dude, oh well.
That and FO3 would make a good year in my book

Haha....I could sum this thread up really well. Don't expect anything good/new/innovative from EA... Anything from EA, just makes me think of this song(link).

EA do tend to screw things up, but right from 1942 the Battlefield series has been the best multiplayer FPS experience on PC by some way, almost everything else still feels like deathmatch. Having said that I'm much more optimistic about Battlefield 3 than Battlefield Heroes, the latter looks worryingly like it was designed for 5 year olds.

EA do tend to screw things up, but right from 1942 the Battlefield series has been the best multiplayer FPS experience on PC by some way, almost everything else still feels like deathmatch. Having said that I'm much more optimistic about Battlefield 3 than Battlefield Heroes, the latter looks worryingly like it was designed for 5 year olds.

I see what you're saying... Speaking of which, BF2 runs like crap in the menus... It is so slow, they try to display all the info about a server right in front of you on the home screen and when a computer is retrieving the information from the server, it takes about 30sec and freezes your computer. Sloppily written, poorly devised software will get them nowhere... If Valve can make their menus(CS:S, TF2, etc.) run awesome with never a hitch, why can't EA do it?

I don't think that EA should be written off entirely. Sure, they have pulled some massive screw ups in the past but that was under the last CEO. The guy running the show now is trying to turn them around and certainly BioWare and Maxis also put out some great work under EA. What would really help them out though would be if they were to put some talent together from the simulation teams and start publishing Janes titles again.

I don't think that EA should be written off entirely. Sure, they have pulled some massive screw ups in the past but that was under the last CEO. The guy running the show now is trying to turn them around and certainly BioWare and Maxis also put out some great work under EA. What would really help them out though would be if they were to put some talent together from the simulation teams and start publishing Janes titles again.

They are also implementing draconian drm. Mass Effect and Spore use it. Who knows what other EA games will use it. I'm too weak to resist buying those games.

What would really help them out though would be if they were to put some talent together from the simulation teams and start publishing Janes titles again.

But most development these days is geared towards consoles, and the only real console sims are the acrady end of the Genre.

They are also implementing draconian drm. Mass Effect and Spore use it. Who knows what other EA games will use it. I'm too weak to resist buying those games.

I have to agree with you. Looking at the raging commercial success of SINS, it should be fairly obvious that there is no good reason to add DRM into games. Actually, since most companies are outsourcing that part of the programming anyway, it increases the cost of the games and potentially moves them into a premium niche.

But yah, I already have ME and I am sure that I will get spore when it comes out.

But most development these days is geared towards consoles, and the only real console sims are the acrady end of the Genre.

While that is somewhat true, remember that this is EA and while they do port games to consoles, they tend to use computers as the launch platform. Then too, while most stuff on consoles tends to be arcady, not all of it is. I know someone who has a pretty decent driving game for PS3 although I forget the title. I will check with him the next time I see him to find out what it is.

Wow i just watched a 30 minute video on spore.

I have to say i thought that game looked kiddish when i first seen it being talked about. I never really looked into it.

Then i sat down and really researched it. Watched the video and that game is amazing.

Definitely at the top of my list for games i'm am awaiting.

Back