• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YMMV - 2Tb Samsung F4 $32 Open Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great, the one time I have class they come back in stock. Weird though, I checked a little before 7:30 and it showed it was deactivated, not out of stock.

I could snap one but between my 3 desktops I have nearly 3TB free space. Maybe if there's one dirt cheap at B&M stores for the real Black Friday I might pick up one as spare.

Pewp. finally got around to installing my 2TB I got a week ago and it's DOA :( Doesn't spin up.

EDIT: Wondering if I should see if Newegg will replace it with the seemingly endless supply they have or if I should RMA it to Samsung....

Pewp. finally got around to installing my 2TB I got a week ago and it's DOA :( Doesn't spin up.

EDIT: Wondering if I should see if Newegg will replace it with the seemingly endless supply they have or if I should RMA it to Samsung....

open box items have a 30 day warranty through newegg. You will not be able to return for replacement only refund unfortunately. Additionally I have never been charged a restocking fee for open box returns. All that you will need to get a full refund is to talk with them and say that the item was defective, it really is that simple. Additionally they will print you off a return shipping label to get the drive back to them.

Basically if anything goes wrong in 30 days you will get a full refund and wont even have to pay to ship it back.

Also for any prospective buyers that may be dissuaded from buying due to this one bad drive I have personally bought 10 of the 2Tb, back when the max order was 5, and never had any problems with them.

Last edited:
open box items have a 30 day warranty through newegg. You will not be able to return for replacement only refund unfortunately. Additionally I have never been charged a restocking fee for open box returns. All that you will need to get a full refund is to talk with them and say that the item was defective, it really is that simple. Additionally they will print you off a return shipping label to get the drive back to them.

Basically if anything goes wrong in 30 days you will get a full refund and wont even have to pay to ship it back.

Also for any prospective buyers that may be dissuaded from buying due to this one bad drive I have personally bought 10 of the 2Tb, back when the max order was 5, and never had any problems with them.

Yeah, didn't mean to dissuade anyone from trying to get one! This is actually the first DOA I've ever gotten from anywhere.

I have and more than once, particularly the 2TB models. I'd recommend that anyone who orders an open box drive do a full read and write scan and also run benchmarks on them as soon as they get delivered, using something like HDTune Pro. It's clear to me that some of them get returned and become "open box" for a reason.

I have and more than once, particularly the 2TB models. I'd recommend that anyone who orders an open box drive do a full read and write scan and also run benchmarks on them as soon as they get delivered, using something like HDTune Pro. It's clear to me that some of them get returned and become "open box" for a reason.

completely agreed. I'm going to be running the drive that I will be getting on Monday through the samsung diagnostic cd.

Just ran my 1st HD204UI through the 29hr pre-clear script in unRAID and it passed w/ flying colors. 0 reallocated sectors before and after the pre-clear.

I'm currently upgrading a 1TB WD Black to this 2TB drive and that process is going smooth as well.

My 2nd 2TB will arrive next week sometime. I'll run that one through the ringer as well and report back.

Its not that hard to find. samsunghdd.com is written on the label of the drives.

That links you to anything support related, so long as you then click the support link.:D

Back