• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q8300 - Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dickielad

Hi,

Ive been reading alot on the Q8300. I have a Acer system and i have put my own hardware in it like GFX card which is a 6950 2gb. I think that the card is not performing well due to the CPU. I need to over clock the processor to get the best out of the card.

The problem is that the Mobo is not allowing me to over clock and i have played about with the settings on FBS in some software programmes. Firstly i cant find the PLL of the board, it is a EG43M board 2ddr ram.

Does anyone think i should just buy a new Mobo? or is there a way of over clocking the processor in bios? All the settings in bios are grayed out and because it is a online purchase i guess there is no way of overclocking it?

Yeah dont know the PLL number for mobo. Or else this would be gooood. Is there a way of bypassing the bios? its grayed out. Would a bios battery pull do it? I dunno.

Back