• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

27" 2560x1440 Monitor Under $400!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok I was thinking it all out and now im going to keep my dell 3011 and get 2 smaller ones on the sides like vertical,now i just have to know what size i would need

The dell 1600x1200 monitors suit the 30" perfectly, but eyefinity and nv surround dont properly support it to my knowledge, it takes effort to make it work.

Screen has been shipped.... OOOHH YEAH! ;)

so can someone answer me this please. Will my screen be shiny or is it only the ones with glass fronts that are shiny..... I'm hoping its shiny..... I like the shiny! :p

Last edited:
Like 99% of the catleaps are glossy, no antiglzre coating. I have only heard of 2 people getting ag coated screens of all the buyers on ocn. Mine is a no glass glossy screen, it came with a factory calibration that favored a cool blue tint like the crossovers are rumored to, but there are guys on ocn who posted color profiles with instructions, and now my screen may as well be an apple cinima display with a lousy stand.

Wicked.... I do hope I don't have to adjust it though. I'm looking forward to having a shiny screen.... Like all those Asus notebook screens out there..... I like the shiny ;)

Like 99% of the catleaps are glossy, no antiglzre coating. I have only heard of 2 people getting ag coated screens of all the buyers on ocn. Mine is a no glass glossy screen, it came with a factory calibration that favored a cool blue tint like the crossovers are rumored to, but there are guys on ocn who posted color profiles with instructions, and now my screen may as well be an apple cinima display with a lousy stand.

The catleap has a crappy stand? They are glossy screens. The only IPS screen I know is Apple's.

Do they look like Apple's all shiny? Or with glossy are things more subdued. Again another reason I still love my CRT, never had to worry about this stuff. Truly plug n play.

+1. Those profiles really make this thing shine. :)

How easy are the profiles to set up?

I just realised that we've a public holiday here on Monday. My screen will probably be delayed until the week after next now :(

Just bought the Catleap Q270 Multi from green-sum. I was thinking about getting a 37-42" TV instead as I need something for my Xbox. Quality over quantity this time though.

Yeah, the stand on the catleap is super super cheap, a slight bump to the desk will make it wobble. Nothing like the stand on my dell. But I dont think it would actually fall or id replace it. Some of them lean left or right too, though mine appears straight enough to me.

Just go to the ocn catleap owners club and on the first page are many useful bits, one of them is the color profiles, its prdtty easy.

I should sell my dell 3011 for 3 of these, its hard to make up my mind really :(,

btw do these have mounting holes on the back?

I dont think I would do three of these, at least not for gaming, they have pretty wide bezels and that is one heck of a res to push a game on. If you mean for workspace, then yeah, would be alot more work space.

I'm a big fan of a single large screen for gaming.... I don't notice things to the sides so much..... I'm a glasses wearer so I'm blind to the sides anyway

I love the large center screen with two portait monitors on either side for just that bit of extra screen. A 2560x1600 with a pair of 1600x1200, or these catleap types with a pair of 900x1440 on either side. As soon as eyefinity supports portrait landscape portrait I will get some 1440x900s for the sides.

Thing is, if these screens are awesome, then whatever you put on each side will look rubbish next to it.... :(

^lol well I might just wait to LG comes out with the 27''IPS with 1mm bezel so having 3 will be perfect

Yeah I dont care so much what the side look like, it would be for like periferal vision on driving games or shooters, or ventrilo/web page ect when gaming with friends. Either way, my catleap looks so good that its a minor and distant concern right now...

Back