• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd64 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
superamd said:
BTW I had to put htt @ 600 (3x multi) to get this speed. the 4x multi ade no post (1080mhz).

screenie.JPG

have you tried maxing out your vLDT?, or is 1.4 max, i thought it was 1.5?, i may just be remebering wronge :-/

From what I was reading somewhere, the speed of the HTT alone doesnt factor in too much. Like a huge highway with 8 cars on the entire road i think. It is a way to keep the HTT from being the bottleneck between some of the more critical components. But I am not too sure if it is the mobo that is capping out, or the cpu. I would hate to think it is the CPU, but it is possible. Still that is a good overclock and pretty good mem speeds. But more posts from 2800+ users would be beneficial to all.

The biggest thing about having the 2800+ is that you have to have some super memory, that can stand some massive mhz. Otherwise, it is an awesome chip from what we have experienced so far.

I picked it up from Newegg, But as hitechjb1 knows, they tried to pawn a clawhammer off on me. I sent it back (via postal service, 2 day for 11 bucks with insurance) and they sent me what I am using now. Just make sure that the AX is there, rather than the AP. Arent all 2800+ NC's CG revisions?

Buhammot said:
I picked it up from Newegg, But as hitechjb1 knows, they tried to pawn a clawhammer off on me. I sent it back (via postal service, 2 day for 11 bucks with insurance) and they sent me what I am using now. Just make sure that the AX is there, rather than the AP. Arent all 2800+ NC's CG revisions?
no they are all not. you gotta make sure the code has ax at the end on the manufacturer's number. for the 2800s they don't have it listed but for the 3000's they do. guess you got luck man ;)

The AX or AP is listed at the end of the number, read my first post.

My past Processor
ADA2800AEP4AP

Current
ADA2800AEP4AX

The biggest thing about having the 2800+ is that you have to have some super memory, that can stand some massive mhz. Otherwise, it is an awesome chip from what we have experienced so far.

Not really, unlike the AXP the 64 doesnt take a performance hit from running the memory async. Mine runs @ 270 fsb but I use the "166" (5/6) divider to make the memory run @ 225, My generic PQI memory does that with a little vdimm increase.

My memory is kinda impressing me. Geil Value PC3200 runnin at 2.5-3-3-6 at 225mhz. These are the default specs, but I think with about 2.6v rather than the 2.7 i am using. But to know that with some timing adjustments, and voltage changes, I can get it to run quite a bit faster, I am thoroughly impressed. Now, to get 2.6ghz.... would be tricky and have the 5:6 divider in place...

yeah cus that puts your ram in the 240 range :bang head

hummm have you tried code reds a64 tweaker, it has a 150:200 ratio, you can set it to load at startup

you can select the 133:200 devisor in bios so you can boot, and then let it apply the 150:200 after intering windows....

at 9x288.8=2600mhz @ 150:200 your ram would be at 216mhz:)

(although not all are successful in getting the 150 and the 183 devisors to work but some are)...

where might I obtain this thing? Also, I know I would need more sufficient cooling, any ideas other than the xp-120? I am thinkin about the SLK-948u, but am lookin for all alternatives if anyone has any. That would be some bragging rights tho... 2.6ghz on this mobo.. with this chip... :attn:

well i would recommend the slk-948 definatly:), it is the same(basicly) as the 947u execpt for the bracketry.......

Zeke968's sig said:
Athlon 64 3200+ "Claw CG" CAABC 0416
[email protected] HTT 4X
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
2x512 Infineon PC3200 2.5, 3, 3, 10 @227mhz
9800XT 450/390 Zalman ZM80D-HP
Thermalright 948U (Idle 29 Load 38) w/92mm TT SFII
Sparkle FSP530

you could PM this dude about the SLK-948

heres the A64 tweaker v.031(written my "codeRed" @ xtremesystem.or/forum)

if you have problems w/ getting this one to apply at startup try A64tweaker V .02

my only advise is to be careful:), some of the setting can make you crash:)

and read this

also to my knowledge, CPUZ improperly displays ram speed when 150, or 183 devisers are selected

Last edited:
2527.jpg

All i gotta say... all i gotta say... SA-WEET!!! Definately need better cooling to go higher, since I am only trying to find the cap to my processor, which I think is quite impressive! :burn:

That is good oc for a 2800+ NC.

What memory to FSB ratio are you running now, since you increased FSB (HTT) to 280 MHz and your memory was only able to run around 220 MHz. Did you move the ratio down to 2:3 (133:200)?

Should run and post a Sandra memory bandwidth to check whether the (ASYNC) memory bandwidth efficiency stay above 95%.

Eventually, you may need faster memory (250+ MHz even at 5:6 ratio) to match the high FSB which is needed for the x9 CPU, especially when better cooling is added.

Last edited:
Yea not bad at all for a 2800, some cooling would set ye free.

1.65v @ 25xxmhz, man that look familur.

My mem efficiency super sucks, I had to run a 200:133 ratio, whatever that is, and was moreso finding a cap for my processor. I would gladly find the cap to the mem, but there are so many more factors involved, it just gets too irritating. But tomorrow I will run at those speeds again and see what my mem benches at. Not to forget, that the Geil sticks I use arent super great, but for 69$ each when I got them, they are more than awesome.

Even when i had the 5:6 multiplier, the efficiency was something in the range of 85%. I was used to seeing 95% from my nforce2 platform, but there is MUCH work to do with this board, mem, and cpu.

Stay tuned, for there is more to come from this Econo-Budget man! Just think what I can hit with watercooling.... or even Prometia...

Are you running with 1T or 2T for the memory? That may account for the low memory efficiency.

2t, I updated my info in the collective A64 resource. 2:3 divider is what was being ran at the time of that last update as well, rather than the usual 6:5

Last edited:
Back