• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

g skill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rob be right. (I know it's terrible english, but it sounds good. LOL) The top of the line GSkills are the best overclocking ram sticks. OCZ is working on a response and the pc4400 Corsair is not far behind, but GS is king of the mountain for now.
Those are some nasty a** timings for that speed, Rob. Cookin'!

It depends which ones. They make several grades. The ones that have the TCCD chips are the best. Give us a link and we can give you a range. Obviously, you never know for sure till you put them to the test.

They are a great deal and they'll overclok a bit, even 20-25% if you're lucky, but they are not tccd. They do sell those in a dual channel pair for $110. For the bucks they are good. You could't get 1 stick of tccd 512 for that price. If it's a moey issue, you don't need to get ram that will run 1:1 with an A64. The dividers work fine and don't rob you of performance.

With the pc4400le people have been getting up to ddr550 speeds with 2.5-3-7-3 timings.That's not low latency but those are not that loose either. It is not necessary to ram run at that speed with A64's. A 6:5 divider with some decent ram works fine.

EspElement said:
i plan on getting this

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-231-002&depa=0

Its 239.99 and its LC... do u guys think that i may beable to pull something off like robs? hes got LE which is HOT but high 279.99

I run the LC's now...see sig for 2.85v settings...

Just got a booster yesterday...so far at 3.3v they can run at 230 with 5-2-2-2 timings...and can run up to 290 with 5-3-4-2.5 settings...with 34.- ns latency...

Latency_-_34.JPG

rseven said:
With the pc4400le people have been getting up to ddr550 speeds with 2.5-3-7-3 timings.That's not low latency but those are not that loose either. It is not necessary to ram run at that speed with A64's. A 6:5 divider with some decent ram works fine.

I would hope they do DDR550 at 7-3-3-2.5 since that is default settings for the LE's at PC4400 (DDR550) ;)...

And with the right tweaking you can get TCCD's almost as low as UTT's, but with the full advantage of running at 1:1 with the extra memory bandwidth when needed...

I should also point out that G. Skill PC4400/4800 ratings are for A64's...Intels are rate at PC4200 (DDR550)...

rseven said:
I stand corrected. or rather I sit corrected. I got my lc's and le's confuzee's! :)

Easy to do since a lot of LC's will do LE's timings...and in a few cases...even tighter timings then LE's...

how is it not needed to run ur memory at 275fsb? the faster the bus the faster the memory bandwidth right?

hmm.. so ud suggest getting LC anyways? 239.99?

The difference in performance running at 1:1with looser timings versus running 6:5 qith tighter timings are minimal on an A64. I believe a few hundred points on a benchmark like Sandra only amounts to 5%. In terms of real world performance it's negligible. That said, you will be very happy with the LC's and they are a great pick. Good luck with them.

Gskill pc4400 2x512 has been the best mem I have ever owned...PERIOD!

I have mine running at DDR600 stable and no probs, I bet I can get more out of them too. Timings are 2.5-4-7-3 as read in DFI Nf4-SLI bios.

Does 7800mbs help you make your descision?? :cool:

Attachments

• 300 Htt.JPG
    300 Htt.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 181
EspElement said:
how is it not needed to run ur memory at 275fsb? the faster the bus the faster the memory bandwidth right?

hmm.. so ud suggest getting LC anyways? 239.99?

With A64's you want the tightest timings with the lowest latency...A64's thrive on low latency opposite of XP's which thrive on pure bandwidth...

This is why their are a lot of people running the UTT's with a divider...run the CPU at Max Ghz, while running the memory at the lowest timings in asyncy for the lower memory latency bandwidth...but for UTT's to run in 2-2-2 settings you need 3.1v+, if the MB does not support either a booster or has the voltage to supply 3.1v and higher on the DIMMS then UTT is a waste since TCCD's will run better at lower voltages...also another main reason is the price...can get a Gig for around 150.00 vs. 250.00+ for good TCCD

People are starting to find out that some TCCD's like like high voltage also and can run the TCCD's almost the same as UTT's.

And yes on the LC's if you do not have the extra cash to get the LE's...

Or if you really dont need/want a Gig of ram...might check out the 2x256 LA's...those are DDR600 rated and have been known to run well over DDR720 with 2.9v at 1:1/1T settings...

Heres a screenie of my LC's running at default HTT but at 5-3-3-2.5 with only 2.85v

5-3-3.JPG

see.. heres where i stumble on a big problem.. im running on a 754 at the moment.. i cant run dual channel :'(.. i wont get that great of bandwidth as u get.. not even close i bet.. i wanan get nice memory for when i get a 939 and a new graphics card running in PCI-E because i wann ahave something to run till the new 939 dual cores or the M2 socket ones.. reguardless ill need a PCI-E card so i gotta move sometime

btw.. I HATE PCI-E but u gotta have it :-( lol

I believe the M2 sockets will run with DDR2. You may want to be sure of your upgrade path before you sink money into ram. It is also my understanding that there will be dual core 939's so that may be the route you wamt to travel.

Back