Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team > Volt Modding & Circuitry
Volt Modding & Circuitry Calling Dr. Frankenstein! When too much is barely enough...
Forum Jump

EVGA 7600 GT - help with vmod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 08:42 PM Thread Starter   #21
ivanlabrie

That's not even chinese for me (spend 4 years learning mandarin at a buddhist temple lmao)
hmmm
I can post a pic of the one I got...

EDIT: hmmm seems mine has no lead, though it has a 40% marking in the packaging. It has rosin too...seems to be 1mm thick, or 0.044" diameter.

Last edited by ivanlabrie; 03-07-13 at 09:07 PM.
ivanlabrie is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-07-13, 08:45 PM   #22
briansun1

oh really?... also who said anything was chines?

"forget this, forget everything. logic didn't just go out the window, it went off a cliff." - Troy Jackson But we love you... Wanna see my nipple?:D"-I.M.O.G. it is Microsoft and they revel in our misery lol- Proxish"... Ultramarines never have to deal with sh*t like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME" - Fluttershy in "The Best Night Ever" (yea I'm one of thoughs guys)
briansun1 is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-07-13, 09:21 PM Thread Starter   #23
ivanlabrie

You're kinda trollish lately man...
Chinese as in cryptic. Kind of a local expression maybe.

Old 03-07-13, 09:27 PM   #24
briansun1

oh... no I was being serious...I do not know much people that know chinese.

"forget this, forget everything. logic didn't just go out the window, it went off a cliff." - Troy Jackson But we love you... Wanna see my nipple?:D"-I.M.O.G. it is Microsoft and they revel in our misery lol- Proxish"... Ultramarines never have to deal with sh*t like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME" - Fluttershy in "The Best Night Ever" (yea I'm one of thoughs guys)
Old 03-07-13, 09:29 PM Thread Starter   #25
ivanlabrie

lol ok...Then my expression makes sense, except probably for a hefty percentage of the world population. xD
Boss: flux free, 40% lead, 0.5mm rosin core solder then?

Old 03-07-13, 09:35 PM   #26
briansun1

my first language was mandarin... so I did not get it.

Old 03-07-13, 10:27 PM Thread Starter   #27
ivanlabrie

Ah, the beauty of perspective...It's easy to lose that in the internet.
I wanted to do this tonight, but my tin is crap it seems.

Old 03-07-13, 11:42 PM   #28
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

The rosin is flux. Other than that, yeah.
40% lead or so, accept no substitutes, rosin flux core. Thin.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Heatware.
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-07-13, 11:55 PM   #29
briansun1

isn't lead bad for you?

Old 03-07-13, 11:59 PM   #30
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

Yeah, don't eat it.

It's pretty much the worlds best solder though, the RoHS stuff is horrible to work with.

Heatware.
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-08-13, 03:33 PM Thread Starter   #31
ivanlabrie

I stopped eating so much canned stuff, so I'm good I guess...plus they stopped using lead for cans some time ago, right?

Old 03-08-13, 03:35 PM   #32
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

One hopes, yeah.

Heatware.
Old 03-16-13, 11:42 AM Thread Starter   #33
ivanlabrie

It liiiiiiiiiiiives!

Just "repaired" it...I'll start with the vmods some other day.
I'm getting some horrid blue lines fixed on screen and 640x480 res only, 4bit...Guess it's a driver thing, what do you think boss?

Old 03-16-13, 03:13 PM Thread Starter   #34
ivanlabrie

Well, can't get the thing to display colors correctly, even in 2d mode when displaying the bios. Lots of blue lines and 4 bit depth. :/
Guess it's beyond repair, or at least the recap didn't fix it completely. Maybe a little baking is in order? I have a heat gun, can I use that and if so how?

Old 03-16-13, 10:53 PM   #35
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

I'd bake it at this point.

Heatware.
Old 03-16-13, 11:08 PM Thread Starter   #36
ivanlabrie

Can I do it with a heat gun and how?
My oven door is jammed...lol

Old 03-16-13, 11:27 PM   #37
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

I have yet to have any luck with a heatgun.

Heatware.
Old 03-16-13, 11:40 PM Thread Starter   #38
ivanlabrie

Well, gotta take it to my father-in-law's then...gonna go to bed. I have to work tomorrow morning :/

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team > Volt Modding & Circuitry
Volt Modding & Circuitry Calling Dr. Frankenstein! When too much is barely enough...